Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker Match Club

A Couple of Questions for Shocker VB Fans:

1. Are you now a member of the Shocker Match Club?

2. Do you have any plans to become a member of the Shocker Match Club?

3. Have you ever heard of the Shocker Match Club?

I am a member of the Shocker Match Club, but I noticed there is no mention of the Match Club on goShockers.com.

Could be that this has been marketed only to season ticket holders, which makes sense I suppose. You probably aren't nterested in becoming a Shocker Match Club member if your not committed enough to the VB program to invest in season tickets.

The Shocks Match Club is a way for everyone to help build this program. Each year we are improving. Look at the quality of the recruits - better every year, look at the tournaments we've been in this year - great competition - top ranked teams. There is no excuse for any real SHOX fan to not be a member of the volleyball Shocks Match Club. All different levels to contribute. Giving Lambo more operating money to work with, keeps him happy at Wichita State and improves the program. IF one half our season attendance gives $ 50 to the volleyball team our operating budget would increas by $45,000. We can do alot with that kind of cash. 900 people can come up with atleast $ 50 each. JUST DO IT. Where's the corporate sponsorships?
    GO SHOX!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stThings1st
      The Shocks Match Club is a way for everyone to help build this program. Each year we are improving. Look at the quality of the recruits - better every year, look at the tournaments we've been in this year - great competition - top ranked teams. There is no excuse for any real SHOX fan to not be a member of the volleyball Shocks Match Club. All different levels to contribute. Giving Lambo more operating money to work with, keeps him happy at Wichita State and improves the program. IF one half our season attendance gives $ 50 to the volleyball team our operating budget would increas by $45,000. We can do alot with that kind of cash. 900 people can come up with atleast $ 50 each. JUST DO IT. Where's the corporate sponsorships?
      I'm not sure how hard the Athletic Department has pushed this. Any idea how many members The Shocker Match Club has? How long has it been around? I wasn't aware of it until this year.

Comment

I've never heard of it.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
          I've never heard of it.
          Me either.
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I think it is targeted to season ticket holders only. I am a member but I only think I heard of it this year.

I plan on doubling my contribution next year.

As with most things WSU volleyball, I wish it was out there more for people to see.

I'll try to find out this weekend who they target it to.

Comment

I'm a "returning" multiple season ticket holder and this is news to me.
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                I'm a "returning" multiple season ticket holder and this is news to me.
                I can't rembember if the brochure and membership application I received came in a separate mailing or part of my season ticket mailings.

However, it was one of those things that could easily be overlooked.

Comment

Working...
                X