Sept. 24 AVCA poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sept. 24 AVCA poll

Shocks still getting votes (barely) with 10. MSU is getting 36 votes. Santa Clara is no longer receiving votes.

Illinois State was getting a few votes in last weeks poll and I see they are no longer.

At least 2 valley teams are getting recognition. It would seem to the casual observer that WSU has enough talent to compete with fringe top 25 teams and maybe enough to upset a really good team but not enough to compete with the powerhouses.

Not that this is new information.....just a personal breakdown of where I see the program right now. I am proud of everything that is Shocker Volleyball but it would be nice to take the next step. A part of me thinks that step simply might be a little competitive toughness.......

Comment

How in the heck is Cal Poly still ranked (#20) with a record of 8-6?

Comment

Originally posted by lemuel777
        Because they swept us???
        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by lemuel777
          Probably because they only have 1 loss to a team not in the Top 30 in the nation. They lost to Xavier 3-2.

Their other losses were to:

#1 Nebraska (3-0)
          $2 Stanford (3-0)
          #3 Penn State (3-2)
          #18 Kansas State (3-2)
          #29 Sacramento State (3-2)

The have wins over #23 BYU, Wichita State, Creighton, North Texas, Long Beach State, St. Mary's, USF and Cal State-Northridge.

They are now into their conference season. While they play in a good conference I doubt that it will be quite as tough as their non-con schedule.

I was a little surprised at how they took it to the Shocks in our early season match.

Look for Cal Poly to be in the NCAA Tournament.

Comment

Thanks, looks like Cal Poly probably has played one of the toughest non-conference schedules in the country.

Comment

Good to see the 'Cats only drop a couple of spots and OU now in the top 25. The Big XII is as strong as ever!

Comment

Working...
              X