No announcement yet.

Shocks @ ILS (Friday) & INS (Saturday)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creighton defeated UNI 3-2 tonight in Cedar Falls.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
      That helps. Looks like Lamb was right about the Valley being a war this year.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
        Originally posted by 1972Shocker
        That helps. Looks like Lamb was right about the Valley being a war this year.
        If Illinois State could knock of MSU tomorrow, then this would be about as good an outcome for the weekend as the Shockers could ask for.

I am, of course, assuming the Shockers will be able to handle Indiana State tomorrow.

BTW, nice crowd of 1,853 at Illinois State tonight. Good job Redbird fans.

Comment

Illinois State always has good fan support and the play fundamentally sound volleyball. Outside of WSU, I think they may be program in the Valley I like the most.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

This is a little hard to believe, but according to the write up of the CU-UNI match on the CU web site Creighton was the first team to ever come back from a 0-2 deficit to defeat UNI on the Panthers home court.

Not only did Creighton come back after losing the 1st two games, but the trailed 10-4 in Game 3.

Scores were 25-30, 24-30, 31-29, 30-26, 15-12.

UNI really let this one get away from them.

Comment

How can Ill State afford to have their band at the volleyball games but WSU can't? They are their for women's basketball which has a smaller crowd a lot of times. Would think it would be a good warm up for basketball season and it would be good entertainment especially between the 2nd and 3rd set.

Comment

Looks like Creighton beared down some, and UNI might have relaxed a little.

Comment

I wonder if Lambo will be back into experimentation mode tonight against Indiana State.

The middles, Tokarz and Niggemeyer seem to be coming pretty well. Both had solid matches last night, including 3 kills by Stephanie to close out Game 3 and the match. They are now letting Katie Niggemeyer serve and early results are pretty good. Katie has a nice hard line-drive serve.

The littles, Broussard and Granville are playing very well. They had 30 and 14 kills, respectively, last night and one of the Redbird fans posted on their message board that the Redbird attackers could just not get the ball to the floor against the Shocks. Melissa is has overcome her tendency for Service Errors earlier in the season and has become one of the Shocker most effective servers. Both also chipped in with 3 assists last night.

Abby Harsh is also playing very well and lately, we are not hearing much if anything about her back issues.

Emily Stockman continues to play at a high level and continues to be a very pleasant surprise and a very key addition to the team.

Sara Lungren, so far is playing a good all-around game and handling a good portion of the junk-sets. One nice thing, is that we are not having to rely on Sara to carry the load, which hopefully will allow her to remain strong and perhaps get stronger as the season progresses.

Still looking for a little more consistency in our overall play and we still need more consistency from Angela Jakubov and Lindsey Eckenrode.
                  Seems like they alternate between playing well one match, then playing poorly the next match.

Shockers did not have a whole lot of blocks last night (only 6 - same amount as the Redbirds), although we may have tipped quite a few balls to help the back row with returns. Angela Jakubov did have a big Solo Block to end Game 2 and cap the Shocks furious comeback.

It will be interesting to see how much intensity and sharpness the Shocks can bring to tonights match with Indiana State (0-3, 3-8).

Comment

Originally posted by dregn
                    How can Ill State afford to have their band at the volleyball games but WSU can't? They are their for women's basketball which has a smaller crowd a lot of times. Would think it would be a good warm up for basketball season and it would be good entertainment especially between the 2nd and 3rd set.
                    Opportunites for Pep Band Action at the VB games include:
                    1. Pre-Game
                    2. Two 1-minutes time outs per team per game. Almost always used. That's 12 to 20 opportunities depending on the length of the match.
                    3. The 3-minute interval between Games 1 and 2, the 10 minute intermission between Games 2 and 3 and sometimes the 3-minute interval between Games 3 and 4 and between Games 4 and 5.
                    4. Post-game celebration song (when we win).

Plenty of opportunities to play. A good time to experiment with new material.

I love the Pep Band. It would definitely add to the atmosphere.

Comment

Listening on the radio you could tell their crowd gets more into the game then ours. I've noticed a lot of teams have their set crowd cheer for a kill. For example when watching Texas after the announcer says "Point Texas" it sounded like the crowd goes "Point Longhorns". Ill St does something simliar. The band could lead something like that.

As far as middle development goes really the only team I know of in the Valley that you can measure their growth against is UNI and maybe Creighton (I don't remember their strengths). Especially their blocking improvment.

Comment

Is it my radio or is Mike hard to understand?
                        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I hate service errors!!
                          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                            Is it my radio or is Mike hard to understand?
                            It is not your radio. The internet feed is not great, but it is a little better than the radio.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                              I hate service errors!!
                              Me too. Especially against an inferior opponent.

Comment

No hitting errors by the Shockers in Game 1. You won't see that often.

16-0-26 for a 0.615 hitting %.

Need to clean up the service errors. Other than that the Shocks are cruising.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

Working...
                                X