Shocks v UMKC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks v UMKC

Good to see all interest is lost after a weekend where the ladies lost at home.

:-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x

Lady Shocks roll in 3, 30-10, 30-22, 30-16.

Shocks hit .375 as a team.

On to ISU blue and red over the weekend.

Frustration not intended towards real fans and I am even more upset as I was out of town this weekend and missed the UNI game..... :-x :-x :-x :-x

I don't think that there is much to be mad about. We drew over 1,500 fans (which is nearly double the average attendance to K-State for instance) to a Tuesday night game against a 3-11 team.

The fact that the program is at the point where the low drawing matches can draw this much is, if anything, a sign of the success of the program.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

As usual you are right TMH......

I just hate to see the board light up when someone or team is doing well then go silent at the slightest hiccup.

For some reason, these ladies have really struck a chord with me and I wish more people would join in....they really deserve the attention and support.

Comment

Not too much to say about tonight's match other than it provided Lambo with a good opportunity to look at a few different lineups and experiment a little.

Overall the Shocks were solid, although at times looking maybe a little disinterested.

I was more dissappointed with the UNI crowd at around 2,200 than I was with the 1,500 that showed up tonight.

Still waiting on the students to show up. Kudos to the ten or so Shocker Maniacs who did show up tonight.

Illinois State on the road Friday will be another formidable test. Need to sweep this weekend to ease the pain of the UNI loss a little bit.

The Redbirds came on strong late last year including sweeping the Shocks and MSU on the road late in the year. IIRC, M.C. Richmond pretty much dominated the Shocks in the Redbirds 3-1 win over the Shocks in Koch Arena. Time for a little payback, but it will not be an easy chore.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

If you also have noticed lately Doc, there doesn't seem to be near as many people on here during the week as the weekend. I haven't figured that out, but that is what it seems.

Comment

It does make you wonder what the attendance tonight would have been without the $1 ticket price promotion, although that wasn't promoted very heavily.

In any case, I think the UNI & UMKC matches give an indication of the core fan base for VB. About 1,500 - 2,000. I think we will pick up a few fans here and there, but I don't see the core fan base growing much unless we can start making consistent appearances and perhaps wins in the NCAA Tournament. And even then, we might not see that much growth.

Doc, I think you are about where I was last year. However, I have moved into the acceptance phase. It is what it is. The good thing is what it is is one of the Top 10-15 supported VB programs in the Country.

Perhaps the challenge will be just to maintain at the current level.

Comment

When theam goes deep into the NCAA Tournament is when you will see the core fan base sky rocket. Until then, expect it to maintain the 1,500 to 2,000 fans. Also, it seems that local news casts just skim over VB win or loose instead of showing clips and post match interview with the coach.

Comment

So far, they have beat the teams they are suppose to, and lost to the teams they were expected to, Santa Clara being the only exception, and they may be overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                  So far, they have beat the teams they are suppose to, and lost to the teams they were expected to, Santa Clara being the only exception, and they may be overrated.
                  The problem with the UNI match was not that we lost but that we played so poorly. Our libero could not receive (serve) in game 1. We were terrible. Service errors, communication problems, poor blocking, bad passes, etc.
                  Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                  Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                    Originally posted by Snapshot9
                    The problem with the UNI match was not that we lost but that we played so poorly. Our libero could not receive (serve) in game 1. We were terrible. Service errors, communication problems, poor blocking, bad passes, etc.
                    Absolutely right. I thought that the loss to K-State came because the Wildcats played exceptionally well. The loss to Hawaii came in large part as a result of having to play at Hawaii. Against UNI we lost because we played badly. Those losses always hurt a lot more.
                    The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

I only wished the match would have lasted longer. It seemed like it was over before you knew it.

Comment

Working...
                      X