Lutz column in Thursday's Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lutz column in Thursday's Eagle

Though we have heard these thoughts before - volleyball gets respect in this athletic department that it doesn't at a lot of schools, Wichita is a nice place to live, we are not going anywhere - it is always nice to hear them again.

Comment

Thanks Robert!

:good: :good:
      SFL is back!

Comment

On Sports Daily a few weeks back Coach Lamb was talking about his favorite NFL and MLB teams, both of whom were doing very poorly.

Lutz asked him why he stayed with them.

Coach Lamb said that if loyalty was not a word he would have invented it.

I think it will be very difficult for Coach Lamb to leave WSU as long as the Administration and fans continue to strongly support the program.

This is his baby, and I think he enjoys taking players like Sara Lungren, Kelly Broussard, Amanda Backes and Sarah McGee (and many others) and help train them into top-notch players.

WSU is a good fit for Lambo and vice-versa.

Comment

What is there not to like here other than the conference?

He wins, he gets paid nicely, it is a good place to raise a family, the school loves him, the fans love him, he wins, his wife coaches with him, did I say he wins?

He can get any recruit from this state he wants and there are some pretty good ones here.

The scheduling should become easier and easier over time. I think that WSU has probably earned respect in some coaching circles, whether or not the NCAA has given them any.

I really find it amazing how well Jim Schaus did when he found all of the coaches that he did. And hiring Lamb might have been the best one of the bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
            What is there not to like here other than the conference?

He wins, he gets paid nicely, it is a good place to raise a family, the school loves him, the fans love him, he wins, his wife coaches with him, did I say he wins?
            I have no idea of Lambo's salary. Do you?
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

$90,000

Comment

He deserves a raise!!! 29-1 and the best VB coach in D1 is worth more. :D
                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I should add that I think that was his new salary after the 2005 season. (The link shows April '08, but that's the date the story was added to that website). I seem to recall a raise after last season, but I'm not for certain.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                    He deserves a raise!!! 29-1 and the best VB coach in D1 is worth more. :D
                    Whatever the market will bare... and not the stock market? :D
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I thought he was around $110,000 or so. But it still has to be better than alot of other schools. Plus $110,000 in Wichita is worth a heckuva lot more than $110,000 in SoCal.

I would hope too that Mr. Sexton is working on a pay raise and contract extension for the coaches. It would be a big mistake to not reward him for this season.

Comment

Join the matchclub.

Support the players.......invite them to dinner (see compliance).

Donate specifically to the department.

Buy season tickets.

It's pretty easy to figure out what it takes to keep them around, at least financially.

Comment

Working...
                        X