Crazy thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy thought

Is it possible that the NCAA saw that WSU was playing 2 basketball games in Texas the same time the volleyball regional would be going on and thought they could get a few more fans because of that.

Re: Crazy thought

Originally posted by eeshocker
    Is it possible that the NCAA saw that WSU was playing 2 basketball games in Texas the same time the volleyball regional would be going on and thought they could get a few more fans because of that.
    That would have required intelligence, rational thought, and research of a Non-BCS scum programs basketball schedule.

All very unlikely considering....

:goshocks:

Comment

Even if we did assume intelligence on the part of the NCAA (and I don't begrudge them as much as others apparently do), there's no way they are going to care about where the basketball team is playing. With all the information they have to pour over, there just wouldn't be time to go that deep for 48 teams.

Comment

It was just a thought. If anyone was planning on making the trip to Texas for the basketball games, they might as well stay the weekend in Austin and watch the girls play volleyball. I know we are not happy about being placed in Austin, but you have to admit that it could make for a nice Shocker getaway. Wed in Lubbock, Friday and Satudray in Austin, then up to Ft. Worth on Monday. I believe Lubbock is only about 3-4 hours from Austin and Austin is only a couple hours from Ft. Worth.

Comment

Hopefully, we'll have a decent number of fans just from family and friends of our five Texas players!

Comment

Originally posted by eeshocker
            I believe Lubbock is only about 3-4 hours from Austin and Austin is only a couple hours from Ft. Worth.
            More like six hours from Lubbock to Austin and, depending on construction and accidents, at least three hours from Austin to Fort Worth, or as it is more commonly known, Foat Wuth.

Comment

If it was the other way around and we had opponents in our arena during the weekend, then I can see it.

Being the contrary, I just blame the usual NCAA only likes West Coast and Big 12 teams rationale.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Possible more of a likelihood that the knuckleheads at the NCAA thought we were from Wichita Falls.

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker
                  Possible more of a likelihood that the knuckleheads at the NCAA thought we were from Wichita Falls.
                  quite possibly the best theory yet, probably thought they had an all Texas Pod. At least they didn't spell it Witchita, saw that on something on ESPN recently.

Comment

Lubbock

Actually, ee, Lubbock (which is close to nowhere except Amarillo, which in turn is close to nowhere except Lubbock) is about 400 miles from Austin. That's a major drive even by Texas standards.

Comment

Working...
                    X