ncaa info...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ncaa info...

http://www.avca.org/includes/media/d...omen.ppt#334,1, NCAA Division I Women’s Volleyball Selections, Seeding and Bracketing

This list the criteria for selection, boring but some interesting stuff.

The at-large selections of the 64 teams for the NCAA Division I Women's Volleyball National Championship always seems to cause a bit of a st...

Here is another one. It list a criteria that was a problem with womens basketball several years ago. I wonder if it plays in here, if so it just opens a bigger mess. Here it is...

Do women coached teams get preferential treatment?

Comment

I think it's kind of weird that they didn't get to host... not because I think they should've been seeded, but b/c they would get big crowds and maybe KSU or ISU could drive in.

According to a previous post in another thread WSU would be ineligible to host as they do not have an in-court net system.

Oh yeah... that was visible during the broadcast of the MVC final.

You're right. It looks like they use weighted supports. That is surprising.

And the significant sag in the middle of the net is visible in that picture, which is the other reason in-floor systems are better.

At least they are using the standards we used in middle school!

Any comments? Should WSU get "an in-court net system"?
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I think it's already been said that we can't due to a moisture barrier beneath the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
          I think it's already been said that we can't due to a moisture barrier beneath the floor.
          Anything can be done with money...

Comment

Ahh.. that's how WSU won all their games... because of the netting..

So, the net is qualified enough to count for all the games played there during the regular season, but it's inferior for an NCAA game?

Any other 'excuses' out there?

Someone should tell the NCAA not to allow OSU to host baseball regionals anymore. The little league hitting dimensions there make it less qualified..

Gimme a friggen break.

I'm this close to changing my signature to something involving the NCAA and a curse word, but I'll refrain for board rules.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I think Royal is correct regarding the moisture barrier. But I would think that this is not a show-stopper, or the NCAA would tell us to not even bother submitting a bid. But maybe I am letting logic interfere with my thought processes. :)

Comment

It was discussed (here or VT) that the net system might be an issue as the NCAA strongly prefers an in-floor system for tournament sites.

Comment

They prefer the in ground system because a player can run outside the pole to the other side and bring the ball back into play on their own side.
                  Watched many a games and only seen it a few times.

Comment

Dayton Ohio gets to host? I hope those 5 people like volleyball. jezzzz........
                    First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

As for the whole in court net system, from what I've been told the Qwest center does not have one, it will use the same set up that WSU has for the final 4...

Comment

Originally posted by dregn
                        As for the whole in court net system, from what I've been told the Qwest center does not have one, it will use the same set up that WSU has for the final 4...
                        How ironic..

That doesn't surprise me in the least.

The NCAA volleyball management is a total joke. I can say with a straight face that some little league baseball organizations are run better than this garbage.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I know I may catch some heat for suggesting this, but would it be workable if Intrust Bank Arena gets an in-ground net system?

15k capacity instead of the Chuck's 10k. We all know parking will be a problem, but at least it would counter the NCAA's shenanigan complaints, right?

Comment

Lambo has discussed the net support system and said that he does not think it is a factor.

The above groud systems generally prevent teams from playing the pursuit rule which allows a play to go to the other side of the net to keep a ball in play. He said it rarely ever comes into play. You might see it once or twice a season if that.

He said most of the large arenas where the final fours are held use the same system as WSU uses.

Based on Lamob's comments about thsi I don't believe this was a significanct factor in whether or not we hosted.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if the "committee" still used it against us.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X