National Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Update

There were a couple of interesting happenings last night.

Iowa State, a team THRASHED by UNI earlier this year in Ames, totally beat down Kansas State in Manhattan. 19,17, 16.

Cal Poly went into Hawaii for a little post regular season vacation against the Wahine and took them to the very edge....losing 15-13 in the 5th after blowing a 10-7 lead moments earlier.....the 2 teams will play again Friday.

In case you have missed it, and judging by the number of posts, most of you have, Nebraska has lost 2 players for the rest of the season. Jr star middle Kori Cooper is out with a knee injury and Fr. middle Brooke Delano is out with apendicitis. This makes the S'kers human again...still a top 5 team but human.

I think the Valley is really looking to get 3 teams in.....UNI and CU can both make cases for at large if they don't win this weekend. The one problem is they are going to have to play each other tomorrow in all likelyhood. UNI is not finishing strong and that very well may cost them. I anticipate tomorrow's semi final to be essentially a play in game....loser is done probably.

We have to take this tourney. I know that sounds crazy but there is no reason to give the committee 1 reason to ship us to Minnesota or Purdue or Nebraska etc....

I have to think K-State ended their hosting hopes last night.....If not and they host ahead of us prepare for a meltdown of historic levels from me....it will not be pretty.

Whether we end up at home or not.....it seems more than likely we'll stay close in the midwest. What do think our "pod" will look like?

I have a hard time coming up with a "3" seed......I'm going to try and look a little deeper today and see what I can find. Regionality makes this very, very difficult.

If we host, I would not be at all surprised to see 7k plus for the games. I don't know what NU averages but this city always shows up for a WSU winner.

It would be big and it would be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock
      If we host, I would not be at all surprised to see 7k plus for the games. I don't know what NU averages but this city always shows up for a WSU winner.

It would be big and it would be fun.
      NU attendance is limited by the normal venue which seats around 4,500.

However, NU has drawn regular season crowds of 13,000+ when the venue can accomadate them (i.e. Quest Center).

If the Shocks win the MVC Tournament, I would expect that they will host and Kansas State will be sent here as the #2 seed.

Crowds should indeed be very large, especially a WSU-KSU final to see who advances to the Sweet 16.

Comment

Working...
      X