Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State up to #9 in AVCA poll

Shockers get some respect.

The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

:good:

I'll have to go see if VolleyTalk is in meltdown mode!

Comment

Hmmm, surprisingly, the talk so far is about UCLA and USC still being that high.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
        Hmmm, surprisingly, the talk so far is about UCLA and USC still being that high.
        WSU isn't even a blip on most of those people's radars. No surprise. It's all about the PAC-10 there.

Awesome ladies! No.9! Woo.

Win 2 this week and we're hosting!!! :clap:
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Remember that our RPI (OK, RKPI) rank is #18 right now; a better rank would help us here. I hope WSU put in a nice bid and lots of Shocker fans show up at NCAA subregional in Wichita.
          :clap: :goshocks:
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

#10 UCLA defeated #23 Pepperdine 3 -1 on Tuesday and they close out the season hosting #11 USC on Friday.

#8 Oregon hosts #2 Stanford tonight and #7 Cal on Friday.

Cal Poly travels to Hawaii for a two-match series with the #6 Wahine Rainbows on Wednesday and Friday nights. (Nice Thanksgiving Trip). A Cal Poly upset in either of the two matches would help their post-season chances greatly and would also help the Shocks RPI.

Comment

13 Wichita State 741 29-1 9
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                About where I thought we would be.

Spangie, how do the 16 seeds compare with RKPI? UCLA is the only outlier from the latest NCAA RPI - the last until after the tournament.

Comment

Ranked 13th in the country and seeded around 40th, with a second round match against #3 Texas looming, if we should win our first rounder..

Makes sense to me..
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose
                    Spangie, how do the 16 seeds compare with RKPI? UCLA is the only outlier from the latest NCAA RPI - the last until after the tournament.
                    To answer my own question, Rich Kern posted his RKPI on Volleytalk last night. As with the "current" NCAA RPI posting, UCLA is the only host site not to be in the top 16 of the RKPI. San Diego is not hosting from the RKPI top 16, and Colorado State is not hosting from the top 16 of the NCAA RPI.

Believe me, you do not want to know who is 17th in the RKPI (and 19th in the RPI). :(

Comment

Working...
                    X