WSU vs. Mo State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU vs. Mo State

Shox need one more win to go undefeated, 29-0 on the season. Games about ready to serve-off (??) in about 5 minutes or so.

It's on Kansas Now 22 or 1330.

Shocks win set one 25-20
    First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

19-7 in the second!

Comment

Shox win set 2, 25-17.

Comment

History! we win the last set 25-13. Congrats lady shox
          :wsu_posters: :yahoo:
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

This is the GREATEST Team the Shockers have EVER had. Now lets win the Valley tournament. Host a regional and win that also.
            First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Completely awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

This could not have happened to a more deserving group of students athletes. I hope they are able to take the time and step back and enjoy what they have accomplished.

Phenominal job ladies.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Way to go ladies.

Pretty unbelievable!

Congrats on the undefeated season!

Let's prove the critics wrong! :good:

:posterwu: :posterwsu:
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Enjoy the moment ladies - as well as the memory for years to come.

On to the Valley tournament and regionals !!!

:yahoo: :clap:

Comment

Just got back from Springfield and enjoyed cheering the Shockers on to Wichita State Shocker History.

I thought overall the Shocks played pretty well and were never really threatened by MSU. Only thing was we had a couple of spells of poor passing (with the exception of Kelly Broussard).

MSU was without their starting setter, Ashley Kell and WSU was without Amanda Backes who became ill on the bus trip down. Apparently, several of the Shockers were ill this week. Perhaps a result of the heater not working on the bus trip back from Cedar Falls last weekend and the team freezing their short shorts off.

The MSU fans were never, ever in the match and were pretty much out-cheered by the 50 or so Shocker fans in attendance. Only time the MSU fans made any noise was during timeouts when they used a compressed gas gun to shoot T-Shirts and Teddy Bears into the crowd.

A couple of observations about the Coaches and team after the match. The Coaches and team seemed fulfilled but not necessarily satisfied. You could tell the want more. Also, I didn't realize so much ice was needed after a match. A lot of shoulders and knees being iced down.

Congratulations Coach Lamb and his staff and especially to a great group of young ladies.

:clap: :goshocks: :yahoo:

Comment

Ashley Kell, MSU's senior setter, apparently broke her thumb midway through Set 1.

Comment

Great job by the team. Considering that some of the team and coaches were ill this week, they were great.

The Shockers' win Friday was more impressive because senior outside hitter Amanda Backes was out with an illness, and several other players had been under the weather all week.
                        Coach Chris Lamb was also ill earlier this week. He said the team's battle with illness allowed him to live with the Shockers' inconsistent play.

"It was a gutty performance tonight," Lamb said. "The older I get, the more I appreciate winning ugly, just being tougher than the fact that you're not happy with how you're playing."

Ummm "senior outside hitter Amanda Backes"? Check your facts, ERIN BOLEN.

On volleytalk, publius wrote in the Interim Results - Pick-the-Winner Contest Week:
                        13. Wichita State maintains its unbeaten season against unranked teams, 3-0 over Missouri State
                        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

One other observation about last night's match.

I didn't think that the Shocks had to do much tipping last night. They were pretty much hammering everything and they were really hitting the ball with some bad intentions. :good:

Comment

Does anyone know if the WSU - MSU VB match will be replayed on Cox 22 and, if so, what date and time?

TIA

Comment

Mike Kennedy confirmed on Sports Daily this morning that the Shocker VB team's 29-0 undefeated season was the first undefeated season by any Wichita State athletic team in school history.

:clap: :posterwu: :clap:

Comment

Working...
                              X