Any Thoughts on the upcoming Nov. 17 AVCA poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Thoughts on the upcoming Nov. 17 AVCA poll

I think we stay at #11 although we are only 11 points behind USC and might catch them; I hope sweeping UNI at UNI helps some voters rank us a bit higher.
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

I think we will stay on at #11.

More important than our ranking is that we just keep winning and getting better.

We have 3 more, at least I am hoping for 3, potentially tough matches before the NCAA Tournament.

MSU to close out the regular season and hopefully 2 matches in the MVC Tournament.

As nice as it is to be ranked highly, and I admit #10 just sounds much better than #11, the best thing that could happen to our program at this stage of its development is to be able to host a regional.

I have no idea what it will take to secure a regional, but I believe if we can win out through the MVC Tournament we will not only secure a regional but will also move back into the Top 10 in the rankings.

Looking forward with great anticipation to attending Friday's match in Springfield and I also have my MVC Tournament tickets ready to go.

:goshocks:

Comment

More importantly, what do the 2 road wins do for our RPI and Pablo ratings?

We had dipped into the high teens and even low 20s of late. We need, if not MUST, be in the top 20 to even be considered for a host imho.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Lambo specifically mentioned that a road win over UNI (#24 in the RPI) would be very helpful.

Like I said, I don't know for sure what it will take to host a regional, but one ranking that should definitely help us is our #5 attendance rank.

Comment

The poll is out. WSU is still #11 with 911 votes, same as last week. But instead of being 11 points out of 10th, we're 25 points away.

Comment

#9 UCLA and #10 USC have a tough closing schedule that guarantees that one of them will have at least one more loss.

Friday - 11/21 - USC @ #2 Stanford
            Friday - 11/21 - UCLA @ #7 California

Saturday - 11/22 - UCLA @ #2 Stanford
            Saturday - 11/22 - USC @ #7 California (FSN)

Friday - 11/28 - USC at UCLA

If Stanford and Cal can sweep at home then one of these teams will finish the year going 0-3 and the other 1-2. Of course, an upset by USC or UCLA will help them.

If the Shocks can win out through the MVC Tournament I think we have a very good chance of moving back into the Top 10.

Comment

I noticed on the 'volleytalk' that they have a thread going about how good the Shocks are.

A LOT of smack being sent the Shox way, even with an undefeated record. What more could we have done? Do we control how Cal Poly plays?

Someone should make some copies of a few of those posts and post them in the ladies' locker room. I'd love to show up those ignorant lowlifes .
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

It's not uncommon to see the pro BCS bias. Also, the weak WSU schedule is something to take into account. I'm no expert, but it's still evident that WSU will not take the next step in terms of national respect by volleyball fans until they make it past the first round in a tourney.

People are just foaming at the mouths in preparation to say, "See, I told you so", when the Shox bow out in the first round. The MVC doesn't do a good enough job preparing this team for the big gals.

So until the Shox actually prove something in the tourney, the pundits will keep criticizing this program and show no respect.

Comment

KC, do you realize WSU has NEVER LOST in the 1st round of the NCAA tournament and in fact, has not even dropped 1 set in the 1st round???

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                    KC, do you realize WSU has NEVER LOST in the 1st round of the NCAA tournament and in fact, has not even dropped 1 set in the 1st round???

Even I know that and I hardly follow Volleyball.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                      I'm no expert, but it's still evident that WSU will not take the next step in terms of national respect by volleyball fans until they make it past the first round in a tourney.
                      The Shocks have been in 2 NCAA Tournaments and made it past the 1st round both times, losing to Nebraska in Lincoln in the 2nd round in both instances.

We won't be leaving the MVC anytime in the near future, so no reason continually stating the obvious. The MVC will never be the PAC 10, Big XII or Big 10 in VB but they are as good or better than most all other conferences and they are better than most people give them credit for.

The 4 MVC teams that made the tournament last year were all very competitve in the Tournament and made a good showing.

I doubt the MVC will get 4 teams in this year, but I can see them getting 3 teams in.

Comment

Seriously, what do you expect from such a wonderful Shocker fan?

Comment

According to a fan I know, the team is focused and will be ready for the NCAA tourney. You should expect their best from here on.
                          37-0 would be great. :lol:

PS I think the players know that fans of other teams are dissing the Shocks and they are pi(unhappy)ed.
                          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                            I'm no expert, but it's still evident that WSU will not take the next step in terms of national respect by volleyball fans until they make it past the first round in a tourney.
                            Clearly no expert with that sentence.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

WSU has NEVER lost a first round NCAA tourney Volleyball match d a.
                              First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Working...
                              X