Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocks vs UNI Panthers (Can They Keep the Dream Alive?) YES!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can almost hear the crickets chirping on the women's sports forum on UNI's board.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Same for volleytalk. If and when WSU loses, everybody will jump in to say that WSU was overrated. I think they are disappointed as the season goes on and the Shocks fail to lose. After all, WSU doesn't belong in the Top 25 and is taking up the spot of a deserving BCS team.
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
        You can almost hear the crickets chirping on the women's sports forum on UNI's board.
        I found a comment on the UNI board:
        Unfortunately it was one of those nights for the Panthers. Gotta hand it to WSU, that is one well-oiled machine. We're pretty good (and better than we showed tonight), but the Shox were playing on a higher level. I've never seen a team get dinked as bad as we did tonight.
        :lol: :lol: :lol:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Bulletin: We need to find out where MSU stayed and where they ate on this road trip and avoid those places at all cost.

Not only did they get blasted by UNI on Friday night but the lost to last place Bradley 3 - 1 tonight.

Those losses probably mean that MSU has to win the MVC Tournament in order to make the NCAA Tournament this year.

Comment

Did I just miss it or was their no mention of the Shocks win over UNI in today's Eagle?

On the other hand, a very complimentary write-up about the match in the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier:

I realize the Shocks had already wrapped up the MVC title, but keeping the possibility of an unbeaten season alive against a very strong opponent on the road plus a key victory in our quest to host an NCAA regional should be worth at least a small mention.

Perhaps it was in the print version and not in the online version.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
              Did I just miss it or was their no mention of the Shocks win over UNI in today's Eagle?
              Page 7D

Comment

On volleyTalk, they have a prediction contest in one thread and they report the results in another thread. The person who runs it (publius) is not a fan of WSU as far as I can tell. For the WSU@UNI match, publius wrote:
                19. Wichita State over Northern Iowa, 3-1.
                http://volleytalk.proboards88.com/in...y&thread=24190 (page 2)
                For some silly reason, I thought WSU swept UNI. :lol:

In the contest, 10 people picked UNI and 26 picked WSU. Here were the matches in this weeks contest:
                Home team listed first. Please copy and paste, using the exact same format as below instead of customizing your entry. Only type in the total number of points scored in the Tiebreaker match. Please check your entry before posting to ensure you have picked one team to win each match. If you have posted an entry, you may log in and modify/edit your previously posted entry at any time before the deadline to change or correct prior entries; do not post an entirely new contest entry. If one or more contestants are still tied after the Tiebreaker, the Contest Winner shall be the contestant with the earliest completed entry. (An entry is "completed" when originally posted or when modified/edited, whichever occurs last.) Entries/edits must be posted not later than 4:30 p.m. PT, Wednesday, November 12, at which time the entry thread is locked.

Wednesday, November 12

1. Colorado v. Kansas State
                2. Long Beach State v. UC Irvine
                3. Texas A&M v. Iowa State

Thursday, November 13

4. North Carolina v. Duke
                5. San Diego v. Saint Marys
                6. San Francisco v. Santa Clara

Friday, November 14

7. California v. Stanford
                8. Illinois v. Penn State
                9. Kentucky v. South Carolina
                10. Oregon State v. Washington
                11. Purdue v. Indiana
                12. Southern Cal v. Arizona
                13. Tennessee v. Florida
                14. Wisconsin v. Minnesota

Saturday, November 15

15. Baylor v. Texas A&M
                16. Colorado v. Missouri
                17. Dayton v. Saint Louis
                18. Kansas State v. Texas
                19. Northern Iowa v. Wichita State
                20. San Diego v. Santa Clara
                21. San Francisco v. Saint Marys
                22. UCLA v. Arizona

Sunday, November 16

23. Kentucky v. Florida [Tiebreaker: total points scored =___]
                24. Oregon v. Washington
                25. Wisconsin v. Iowa

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02
                  Page 7D
                  Ok, must have been in the print copy and not online, or at least I did not find it online which is a litte odd.

Glad to hear they did receive coverage in the print edition of the paper.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02
                    Page 7D
                    Ok, must have been in the print copy and not online, or at least I did not find it online which is a litte odd.

Glad to hear they did receive coverage in the print edition of the paper.
                    It wasn't much coverage (and was on a page that also had classifieds).
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

The Eagle is keeping its powder dry for when WSU wins the national title. ;-) :lol:

Comment

Working...
                      X