Shocks @ BU (Friday) & UNI (Saturday)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks @ BU (Friday) & UNI (Saturday)

The Shocks should secure the outright MVC regular season championship (and the #1 seed in the MVC Tournament) vs last place Bradley on Friday evening.

To top off the evening Kelly B. should be the new MVC Career Digs leader.

Then the Ladies move on to a very big hurdle in pursuit of an undefeated regular season taking on the always tough Northern Iowa Panthers on Saturday night.

Not only are the Shocks still wearing the big target of being highly ranked and undefeated, but they will face a UNI team that is fighting for the coveted #2 seed in the MVC Tournament (which also gets a 1st round bye).

UNI, Creighton and Missouri State all still have a shot at the #2 seed.

That should make the MSU - UNI match on Friday a highly instense affair. If UNI, which also finishes at CU next weekend, defeats MSU they might be able to absorb another loss. OTOH, if they lose to MSU, then the WSU match pretty much becomes a must win for them.

There are 18 matches left in the MVC season and I feel comfortable picking a winner in about 5 of them. In addition, to the battle for 2nd, SIU, E-ville and ILS are fighting for the last two spots in the MVC Tournament. Should be a very interesting final two weeks in the MVC regular season.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

I'm definitely glad that they play MSU on friday before WSU comes to town. Hopefully it will be a tough 5 game match that lasts 4 hours.

Comment

Busy weekend in Shocker land...I love this time of year...

Comment

If the shocks win tonight against Bradley will they cut down the net as the Valley CHAMPS? That might cause a war.
        First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Shox win set 1, 25-14.

Comment

Shox win set 2, 25-16.

Comment

Shox win set 3, 25-17.

MVC Champs!!

Comment

That's the shockers I like to listen to.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02
                  Shox win set 3, 25-17.

MVC Champs!!

Outflippinstanding.

4 out of 5. And 1 point from being 5 of 5.

Comment

nice job Ladies! :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :good:
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Kudos and Congrats to the Coaches and Ladies on another MVC Championship.

Congrats also to the new MVC Career Digs leader Kelly Broussard.

Now let's keep 'er rolling tomorrow night against the Panthers.

:clap: :goshocks: :good:

Comment

Northern Iowa dispatched Missouri State tonight in 3 surprisingly easy sets 25-17, 25-16 and 25-15.

Looks like the Panthers will be more than ready to go tomorrow night.

A win over the Shocks could very well punch their ticket to the NCAA Tournament.

Shocks will no doubt have their hands full with the Panthers. Should be a very tough match.

:goshocks:

Comment

Congrats ladies!!

I'm not satisfied. I want UNI and MSU to feel the wrath as well. Let's close this baby out!

:goshocks:
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                          X