MVC Respect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

WSU #28 (36 votes). A victory over Hawaii would probably have put us in the Top 25. Sigh.

Missouri State 9 votes
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

It appears that the issues brought up by WuDrWu were more about timing than about lack of respect from the poll.

Of the 3 schools mentioned, Arkansas, Sacramento State, and Tennessee, only Tennessee is still getting votes and they have fewer votes than either WSU or Missouri State.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
          It appears that the issues brought up by WuDrWu were more about timing than about lack of respect from the poll.

Of the 3 schools mentioned, Arkansas, Sacramento State, and Tennessee, only Tennessee is still getting votes and they have fewer votes than either WSU or Missouri State.

We were 6-1 with a quality win over Pepperdine going into this past weekend but went 0-3 at the KSU tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog
            We were 6-1 with a quality win over Pepperdine going into this past weekend but went 0-3 at the KSU tournament.
            That'll usually do you in.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
              Originally posted by CharlieHog
              That'll usually do you in.

fire coach what's his face!! lol

Comment

The Big XII is tough as usual:

1. NU
                7. UT
                19. KSU
                25. aTm
                39. OU

That's nearly half the conference ranked or getting votes. I know many of you here have no love for the Big XII but it's great to see a "flyover country" conference getting national recognition.

Comment

It seems like a typical coaches poll also where you have to play hard to get yourself into it and once your in you have to try hard to get yourself out of it for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by BCSCat
                    Hmmm. The Big XII is a "midwest" conference and gets plenty of respect.

:D
                    So you admit an obvious big conference bias.
                    I think the Big XII is the wrong conferance to use as an example of big conferance bias. K-State was picked to finish 7th in the preseason coaches poll. Now while I think the results of a poll now would be a little different, the Big XII does include perenial NC contenders Nebraska and Texas as well as several other high quality teams.

Part of the problem with MVC rankings in volleyball is we have never had a true breakout year where several teams make waves nationally (such as men's basketball had a few years back). This year, however, is looking like it could be that year. While it still might be a struggle to really get some recognition this year I think a good overall season could lead a bit more respect next year if the conferance can follow through.

Comment

So when is WSU gonna get Nebraska on the schedule every year? At least playing them would bring attention, good or bad.

Comment

Originally posted by rockemshockem
                        Originally posted by BCSCat
                        Hmmm. The Big XII is a "midwest" conference and gets plenty of respect.

:D
                        So you admit an obvious big conference bias.
                        I think the Big XII is the wrong conferance to use as an example of big conferance bias. K-State was picked to finish 7th in the preseason coaches poll. Now while I think the results of a poll now would be a little different, the Big XII does include perenial NC contenders Nebraska and Texas as well as several other high quality teams.

Part of the problem with MVC rankings in volleyball is we have never had a true breakout year where several teams make waves nationally (such as men's basketball had a few years back). This year, however, is looking like it could be that year. While it still might be a struggle to really get some recognition this year I think a good overall season could lead a bit more respect next year if the conferance can follow through.
                        I was joking, but you bring up good points. The other problem for the Valley is that the bottom half of the Valley has let down the top half. UNI, WSU, MSU, CU, and ISU (Red) are all pretty consistently good (especially the first 3). Probably, any given year, 3 of those teams deserve to be in the NCAAs, but their chances at an at-large bid are hurt by the rpi hit of playing the bottom of the Valley.
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

So let's get rid of the bottom dwellers :)

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                            So let's get rid of the bottom dwellers :)
                            I wish...

Unfortunately there aren't too many teams in the league we can dump and not be taking away one of the top teams in one of the other sports. I'm guessing some of the other schools would like to get rid of our WBB team.

Comment

Working...
                            X