X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVCA poll - Nov. 3

11 Wichita State 910 24-0 10
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

How do we fall without losing and NU and Texas both lose to teams not in the top 25 and only one place? Guess we just need to not pay attention to the polls and play our game.

Comment

We did get more points (890 on 10/27/08 and 910 on 11/03/08 ) but USC got a big jump because they beat Oregon.

From volleytalk:
      How does Cal drop 2 spots just for losing to Washington, while Texas only drops 1 spot for losing to Oklahoma?? How does USC move up 2 spots for barely beating OSU, causing Wichita St. to drop for no reason whatsoever?? Poor Minnesota got really punished.
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

You can't look at the released poll in a vacuum, so to speak. It is the aggregate of many individual polls as submitted by coaches. The only way movements like the ones questioned above can be put into context is if we could see all the individual ballots.

For example. Let's say every coach had WSU 10th last week, as well as this week. Let's also assume a few had USC 9th, while others had them 13th. All it might take for USC to move above WSU is for a few of those those who had them 9th to move them up to 8th, and those aat 13th up to 11th or 12th. So technically, it's possible for no single voter to have moved USC above WSU since last week. And as Spangler noted, our increase in points means we must have moved up on a few of the voter's ballots.

As for Nebraska and Texas, they were leap-frogged by Stanford. But pollsters (collectively, at least) didn't think Washington's victory over Cal justified putting the Huskies above either Texas or Nebraska. I could have seen Texas falling another spot, having three losses. But Nebraska's body of work trumps their single loss, in my opinion. At any rate, if you look at the points differentials in the 2nd through 6th spots from last week to this week, it tightened up quite a bit.

Comment

Polls

Well analyzed, Royal. The Shocks may be 11th instead of 10th, but they're actually closer to 9th (in poll points, that is) than they were last week.

Comment

If you think most of the posters on VolleyTalk respect WSU's volleyball program, read through all of http://volleytalk.proboards88.com/in...y&thread=23981 and let us know what you think. :lol:

Comment

I must agree it is rather entertaining to read the "oh yeah, well my dad can beat up your dad" or should it be my mom & your mom, posts.

I have spent a considerable amount of time in analysis and contemplation of this current poll and offer the following:

Leave Texas where they are....they will implode and remove themselves any day now. The only way they watch any of the Elite 8 matches is with a ticket.

Hawaii....put 'em at #5 they beat Washington....thats thier claim to fame EVERY WEEK.

Wichita State....couldn't hold the sports bras of any of the top 10 but a sympathy vote is in order. Shockers better buy tickets too...they're going fast.

Colorado State.....they spanked Florida....switch 'em. Schedule a weekend round robin for CSU, Florida, and Wichita State & the winner takes the 10 spot. Better not play that in Colorado or they'll have to factor in the altitude factor and spot WSU & Florida 6 1/2 points.

Just remove USC.....thats just too many Pac 10 teams in the top 10 anyway. They should just be happy and do their part in supporting the twisted Obama strategy and spread the wealth. Who cares if they really belong there, the Pac 10 simply has too many ranked teams and we can't have that.

Comment

Working...
              X