Shocks remained at #14 in Oct 6 AVCA poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks remained at #14 in Oct 6 AVCA poll

The shocks remain at #14 in the latest poll. However, the point differential between 13th and 14th place has increased. Last week it was at 67 points. This week it's at 129 points. They just need to keep winning.

Remain at #14 in the October 13th poll. I do think we should be rated above teams that have 3 or more losses though. I realize strength of schedule plays a part, BUT ...

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
      Remain at #14 in the October 13th poll. I do think we should be rated above teams that have 3 or more losses though. I realize strength of schedule plays a part, BUT ...
      I do agree, but we probably won't see the shocks go above more than a couple of them unless some serious losing starts taking place ahead of them.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
        I do agree, but we probably won't see the shocks go above more than a couple of them unless some serious losing starts taking place ahead of them.
        I have to say that I disagree. While I don't think anyone could complain if we were ahead 2-3 spots, the fact is that we don't have a single win against a top 25 team with Cal Poly falling out of the rankings. The second best team on our schedule is probably UNI, and we have yet to play them.

The reality is that most of the teams in front of us are the elite of college volleyball and have gotten their loses to the elite of college volleyball.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Actually Cal Poly is still ranked #22. Nevertheless, I tend to agree with TMH.

I think the Shocks are fairly ranked based on their body of work to date.

There is not a tremendous amount of difference between teams ranked anywhere from #11 through #30.

Shocks just need to keep winning and let the chips fall where they may.

Shocks will have their hands full when UNI comes calling this Friday.

Comment

Actually, in this week's AVCA poll, Cal-Poly dropped out of the rankings.

Comment

It would be nice to see current RPI rankings for the top 50 or 60.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                Actually, in this week's AVCA poll, Cal-Poly dropped out of the rankings.
                Sure enough. That may hurt the Shocks chances of hosting a regional.

We might be able to afford one loss to UNI and still host, but any loss will knock the Shocks down quite a few notches in the rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                  Originally posted by rrshock
                  I have to say that I disagree. While I don't think anyone could complain if we were ahead 2-3 spots, the fact is that we don't have a single win against a top 25 team with Cal Poly falling out of the rankings. The second best team on our schedule is probably UNI, and we have yet to play them.

The reality is that most of the teams in front of us are the elite of college volleyball and have gotten their loses to the elite of college volleyball.
                  I have to play devil's advocate here. Let's look at some of these losses:
                  Stanford 9/6/2008 Away L Saint Louis 25-27, 25-20, 22-25, 22-25 Pablo: 43
                  USC 10/3/2008 Away L *Oregon State 25-19, 23-25, 21-25, 25-16, 8-15 Pablo: 31
                  Minnesota 9/20/2008 Home L North Carolina 26-24, 20-25, 25-23, 29-31, 12-15 Pablo: 69
                  Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                  Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                  X