Emily Stockman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emily Stockman

Before the start of the season, when coach Lamb talked about his Winthrop transfer, I wondered if she would be able to play much with all of our experience back. Let me tell you, Emily is the real deal. I believe Sara is still the best all around player and best offensive threat on the team. Based on only the 3 matches I watched this week end, Emily is not too far behind Sara. And clearly the 2nd best player on the team. She has a killer serve and it is really fun to watch when she is serving. If she can maintain the level of play she showed this weekend and cut down on her errors, then someone on the preseason MVC team will not make it because she will. Please remember this is just my opinion, and it is based on only 3 matches. Even though the team got off to a rockey start try and come out and watch them if you have not done so. Coach Lamb will right the ship so to speak.

It's not like we lost to club teams from Average Joe's and Globo Gym...right, Cotton?
    Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

Emily certainly was a pleasant surprise. dregn made a good point recently, comparing Emily to former Shocker standout and crowd favorite Sarah Younes, except that Sarah is a lefty. I tend to agree with that comparison and consider it very high praise indeed.

We are going to need other attackers to step up because it appears that Sara Lungren is going to be a marked woman this year. Emily played very well this weekend against very good competition and certainly more than held her own.

Now we just need a few other ladies to step up their games.

Angela Jakubov is certainly capable of contributing more than she showed this weekend and she has the competitive nature to do it.

Katie Niggemeyer and Sarah McGee both seem to have the athleticism and aggressiveness to develop into solid players.

Hopefully, the Shocks will improve greatly over the next couple of weeks, since it will be the first time they concentrate on practicing out of the 5-1 set which they used against K-State and Cal Poly.

Also, I don't think the level of competition in Denver this weekend (Denver, DePaul and Auburn) will be at the level of what they saw against K-State and Cal Poly.

We will find out how much progress we are making the following weekend in Hawaii. Hawaii, Santa Clara and Eastern Washington will all be quality opponents. Hawaii was #10 preseason, Santa Clara was #24 and Eastern Washington has historically had a solid program.

Shocker fans get ready for some late night radio. The Santa Clara and EW matches will be at 10 pm our time and the Hawaii match will be at midnight.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

The K-State match will give the Shocker fans some idea of what our Lady Shockers will be facing against the University of Hawaii.

Hawaii routinely leads the nation in attendance by a wide margin averaging in excess of 7,000 fans per match. Very impressive indeed.

Last year Hawaii averaged 7,186 fans over 22 home matches. The Hawaii men's basketball team averaged 6,435 fans per home game. They clearly like their Women's VB on the island.

Hawaii may also be looking to rebound as they also got off to a 1-2 start. The defeated Colorado State in 5 games, but lost to Michigan in 5 games and lost to Oregon State 3-0.

Comment

Hawaii dropped to 16th, Cal Poly to 18th and Santa Clara moved up to 19th while KSU moved into the rankings at 25.

Pretty stout competition if you ask me.

NTSU has a strength of schedule ranking of 1.

Comment

If I lived in Hawaii I'd probably spend more time at VB matches :D
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
            X