Record Breaking 6,024 for VB Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu
    I know a lot of you out there get tired of us saying the same thing over and over in an effort to get more of you out to the games, but I really don't care so here I go again.

If you haven't been to a game, you really don't know what you are missing. The competition is fierce but the girls are so upbeat and positive you can't help but enjoy every point. There is almost no negative atmosphere but do not take this for complacency...these girls get after it!

The skill level and athleticism is greater than you ever imagined and its all WSU.
    WuDrWu, SpanglerFan316, myself and others have been expressing the above sentiments for several years now.

I really was expecting THE MATCH to live up to this billing. However, you just never know what will happen in a sporting event, so I was a little bit on edge about that also.

A big Thank You to both the Lady Shocks and the Lady Bears for making last night a memorable one for many Shocker fans and for making a few really passionate fans on this Board not look like idiots.

:D

Comment

• I'm hoping to get 5k for Creighton...

Comment

• Will "ears" be attending that game as well? :D

I noticed he was with you last night. Clear on the other side of the arena from me.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by dregn
          I'm hoping to get 5k for Creighton...
          5K would be great. Since the tickets will be $7 rather than $1, I don't think we will get to 6K in either of the next two matches. (But I hope I'm wrong. :D )

To WuDrWu, 1972, Royal and everyone who attended: THANKS!!!!!!
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• The 6,122 in attendance did push the Shockers above the 30,000 in annual attendance mark for the first time in Shocker Volleyball history with 2 home matches to go.

To all in attendance, you are now proud participants in the Shocker record books. Hopefully, your reign as part of the largest crowd in Shocker history will be short-lived.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

• Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
              Next up: Senior night vs. Creighton to say THANKS to Sara and Abby !!
              HEY, DON'T FORGET ABOUT OR OVERLOOK THE DRAKE MATCH FRIDAY NIGHT!!!!

Our HS football team (Derby) is out of the running, they were destined to lose Friday night......not much of a decision, and spouse and I chose the WSU-MSU VB match over it. This match was circled on my calendar as soon as the schedule was published.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                Will "ears" be attending that game as well? :D

I noticed he was with you last night. Clear on the other side of the arena from me.
                Not sure, he'll probably use the excuse that it costs to much, but I'll be doing my best to convince him to go along with others...

Comment

• Some very nice coverage of the Shockers VB match with MSU on Channel 12's Sports Sunday Show.

The only bad thing is that it was on fairly late because of the Pats-Colts game pushed everything back.

Considering all the Sports activity this weekend I was a little bit surprised it would even get a mention.

Thanks to Bruce, Richard and Jeffrey on this one.

:good:

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                    Some very nice coverage of the Shockers VB match with MSU on Channel 12's Sports Sunday Show.

The only bad thing is that it was on fairly late because of the Pats-Colts game pushed everything back.

Considering all the Sports activity this weekend I was a little bit surprised it would even get a mention.

Thanks to Bruce, Richard and Jeffrey on this one.

:good:
                    Yes it was good. They even speculated that it is possible to host a NCAA regional IF WSU wins out because of the top ten attendance. Bruce seemed very proud of Wichita and the attendance at the VB matches. In his parting shots, he claimed that Wichita is a Shocker town.

Comment

Working...
                    X