Sat, Oct 25 Drake......................5916
    Fri, Nov 07 Southern Illinois.......2830
    Sat, Nov 08 Evansville 3027......3,175

*40,259 tickets were sold during the 2008 season
    ** 2007 average: 2550
    *** 2008 average: 3097

Attend: 2215 http://www.goshockers.com/downloads1...DB_OEM_ID=7500
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Friday night high school football undoubtedly held that attendance down. 2,215 is very respectable.

Comment

Attend: 2704 http://www.goshockers.com/downloads1...DB_OEM_ID=7500
        This is BS!! There were a lot more that 2704 people at the match tonight!!!
        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

bump

Comment

Thanks for keeping up with this, Shockerman. It's nice to have updates.
            The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Re: Attendance Average for 2008

Originally posted by Shockerman
              Thu, Sep 04 Lamar....................2432
              Fri, Sep 05 Idaho State.............2215
              Fri, Sep 05 Coastal Carolina......2215
              Sat, Sep 06 Ohio State..............2704
              Fri, Sep 19 Missouri State..........3149
              Fri, Oct 03 Illinois State
              Sat, Oct 04 Indiana State
              Fri, Oct 17 UNI
              Sat, Oct 18 Bradley
              Fri, Oct 24 Creighton
              Sat, Oct 25 Drake
              Fri, Nov 07 Southern Illinois
              Sat, Nov 08 Evansville

*2007 average was 2550
              *2008 average to date: 2571
              Maybe it's the new math, but when I take the average of those 5 home games, I get 2543.

Comment

Re: Attendance Average for 2008

Maybe it's the new math, but when I take the average of those 5 home games, I get 2543
                The old style math is correct. Thanks for catching that!

Comment

I was a little surprised to see that the attendance in the MSU match was "only" 3,149. I was guessing the crowd was in the 3,500 to 4,000 range.

Nice crowd though. Revenue wise about 2.5 to 3 times better then the 6,122 for MSU last year on $1 night.

Comment

That puts the Shockers in at a solid #9 in attendance early on.

Another 500 per match and we would be knocking on the door of the Top 5 in attendance.

Unfortunately, our attendance seems to have plateaued at current levels.

Comment

'72, can we look at actual attendance by match compared to last year?

I'm just thinking that taking the "average" from last year (and basically every year) includes at least 2 "promo" type games.......$1 night.....KState match...etc.

I'd be willing to wager that comparing "like" matches, that we are a little ahead of the pace with a stronger base.....if you get a chance to run the numbers.

Also, projecting forward, I would anticipate at least 1 big crowd (pre Madness) of at least 5-6k that should help the average. I am hopeful for one more promo as well......but so far nothing......... :rant:

Comment

The goal should be top 5 and a top 3 in single game match attendance for the Drake game.

If we don't hit that goal, then you all suck.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

I'm sure will get some kind of 2 for 1 promo. On the other hand the 3,149 we drew to the MSU match produced about 2.5 times more revenue than last year's 6,122 on $1 night.

Could be Eric is more focused on the bottom line than on bragging rights.

That said there is no reason we shouldn't be drawing 5,000 per match without promotions. The product is really that good. But that is just one man's opinion (and seemingly an inaccurate one at that).

I do think student support is up this year quite a bit and that is good to see. Hopefully, that will continue to build over time.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                            I'm sure will get some kind of 2 for 1 promo. On the other hand the 3,149 we drew to the MSU match produced about 2.5 times more revenue than last year's 6,122 on $1 night.

Could be Eric is more focused on the bottom line than on bragging rights.

That said there is no reason we shouldn't be drawing 5,000 per match without promotions. The product is really that good. But that is just TWO men's opinion (and seemingly an inaccurate one at that).

I do think student support is up this year quite a bit and that is good to see. Hopefully, that will continue to build over time.
                            Updated for accuracy.

Comment

Clearly, we're seeing what is probably the maximum level of current interest in the sport in terms of people willing to pay to see a good product.

In order to get to a point where 5000 per match is reachable one or more of the following things needs to happen, IMO:

- Reach the Sweet 16 or higher in the NCAA tournament.

- Beat Nebraska.

- Get some boys VB leagues going locally to increase exposure and interest in the sport.

Comment

Working...
                              X