Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU v Lamar

Holy cow....................

11pm.....game's been over for 2 hours and there isn't even a thread on the game yet.

Yikes.....at least 2500 loyal fans were in attendance. The Shocks started fast and rolled to a 3-0 sweep. They were a little sloppy and it probably had a lot to do with the competition. They were nowhere as solid as they were in Norman last week.

They are going to have to have a ton of focus against most of these teams when they are going to be light years ahead in talent or they are not going to improve as the season rolls along.

This is a really good team. I hope they can get better. They didn't tonight.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Oklahoma, a team the Shocks swept and frankly dominated 2 out of 3 sets last week, took #7 USC to 4 sets at USC.

Trojans won 25-27, 25-16, 25-20, 25-22.

It's difficult if not impossible to compare score, but USC, a team picked with a solid chance to go the final 4, struggled more with OU at home than we did on the road.

Take that for what it's worth.

Comment

I was excited to see McGee play more after I saw her at the end of last year, but I didn't know who she'd replace...sadly it looks as if Stephanie for now. Nice line tonight and good to see someone other then the outside hitters getting swings. I've only seen box scores so far, but it seems like we prefer the left side a little to much, but can adjust when needed. Hopefully we get to a point where we don't need to adjust, but just use it every match.

Comment

Shizzle mentioned R-Brad in another thread and it reminded me of the "star power" out last night at the game.

Ryan was in attendance as usual. Kyle Wilson was there as well, sporting a snappy T-shirt. :good:

Coach Jody Adams was there with seemingly the entire team in what appeared to the casual observer an exercise of team building.

At least one of her assistants was there as well.

The extremely dapper AD Eric Sexton was there as well enjoying the crowd.

Career 3 point % leader and current WSU staffer Sonar Gary Cundiff was prominently gladhanding the Shocker faithful all night.

Many members of the men's bball team were in attendance. Ramon was in his usual good humored mood. Garrett Stutz was there along with talented walkon Reggie Britton and JT Durley who, frankly, looked outstanding.

Several members of the baseball team were also in attendance.

All in all it was a Shocker family last night and all had a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by dregn
          I was excited to see McGee play more after I saw her at the end of last year, but I didn't know who she'd replace...sadly it looks as if Stephanie for now. Nice line tonight and good to see someone other then the outside hitters getting swings. I've only seen box scores so far, but it seems like we prefer the left side a little to much, but can adjust when needed. Hopefully we get to a point where we don't need to adjust, but just use it every match.

I commented to a friend that it was nice to see that with the match in hand (up 10 in the 3rd set) that we were now able to work in an All MVC 1st teamer from last season for a little work. I know Coach Lamb said that MEH and Stephanie just aren't connecting right now but it is still significant that our team is off to a 5-0 start while essentially sitting a 1st team all conference player from last year and not due to injury or discipline.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

I have a few comments.
            1. I didn't see any point in posting about the match. Lamar was overmatched. Getting excited about beating the little guy seems wrong.
            2. WSU can lose any match. They need to play as a team and keep focus. WSU could go 1-3 in this tourney. Sports is about how you play during the game. (However I expect them to sweep every match.)
            3. Our offensive timing is off, we have a freshman setter and one of our main weapons is not on the court. But we're still winning and we are #22. If they get their offense working right, this team could be scary good. Good enough to have a chance against Nebraska or Texas in the tourney. But only if they play a perfect storm of a game.
            4. Eric Sexton was at the Ohio State - Idaho State game too.
            5. Stephanie might have (minor) injury issues (or she might not); I have heard different stories. However she'll be there starting for us by the MVC tourney. Sarah McGee and Stephanie might play together because Sarah's offense is really improving.
            6. "All in all it was a Shocker family last night and all had a good time." The only things missing were more fans!! :D
            7. "Oklahoma, a team the Shocks swept and frankly dominated 2 out of 3 sets last week, took #7 USC to 4 sets at USC." :D :D :D
            8. Sarah McGee !!!
            Katie Niggemeyer !!!
            Lindsey Eckenrode !!!
            Kelly Broussard !!!
            Angela Jakubov !!!
            The entire team !!!
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I was a little disappointed to see only 2500 or so there. But it was a Thursday night. Hopefully tonights attendance will improve.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Lamar

Mike Kennedy interviewed Mary Elizabeth Hooper after the game last night. Did I hear her right on this: It sounded like she said that Lambo tried a new system for all 3 games? If so, that may explain why the team was a bit off in game #2 until he called time out.

Comment

There was an outstanding "save" in last night's match that really stood out to me, but I didn't catch who made it.

One of the Shocks dove to the right side line and one-handed a return from an impossible angle to keep a point in play.

Does anyone else remember the play and who made it?

Comment

I remember it and I am pretty sure it was Kelly. Angela made a huge save as well.

Comment

big Save

My recollection is there were 3 touches. I think Sarah Waldorf was involved, too. She was on the side that started it.

Comment

I believe Sarah was first contact on that play.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                        X