Shockers vs. Roos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockers vs. Roos

UMKC is coming off a 1-2 weekend after losing in 3 sets to Belmont and TCU, while sweeping Louisiana Tech in the final game.

Game starts at 7, radio is 1330.

Shox win 1st set, 25-11.

Comment

Shox win in 3, 25-11, 25-20, 25-9.

Comment

WSU was simply dominating tonight. The Roos have added some talent but it is young and not quite ready for prime time.

A few nuggets from Mike in the pregame (not new but many may not have heard yet)

Probable redshirts = Jackie Church (frsh libero that will be sensational) Dana Loganbill (I think she is going to be dynamite) Jada Witham (raw but lots of upside) Alison Widen and transfer Peyton Thompson who will be ready if an injury hits the front line but would benefit from a year of developement.

Lambo is stoked about the start, the prospect of getting home and playing in front of the home crowd, and he thinks they will get better........much better.

He also will continue to play UMKC because (no surprise here) other area teams do not want to play WSU home and home.

Comment

Jackie would play (and probably start) for most Valley teams.

However, as Mike said tonight, a prominent coach in the tourney last year told Lamb there are not 5 better liberos in the country than Kelly Broussard (herself a 5th year senior by the way). Melissa Granville would start for every Valley team and if you haven't seen Sarah Waldorf play you are in for a treat. She is a fighter and will be an outstanding back row player for a long long time. I love her spirit.

Comment

Here's a few other stats.....with three of the toughest matches against some of the best competition we'll face prior to post season play, Sarah McGee is on pace for 150+ block assists. Stephanie Tokarz led the team with 103 last season.

That deserves a wow.......

MaryElizabeth Hooper has .844 set assist number.....that cannot be correct.....Abbey set at .410 last year.....If that number is correct......yet another wow.

Whether it is or not she has been great so far.

Comment

No. 22 Wichita State Sweeps UMKC
              The Shockers were led by Emily Stockman, who had 13 kills on the night.
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

You fans of the program are in for a real treat if you haven't seen the ladies yet this season.

Those of you going for the first time might want to slowly acclimate to the speed and skill of the game....maybe take in 1 set at first to allow time for your eyes and brain to adjust.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                  You fans of the program are in for a real treat if you haven't seen the ladies yet this season.

Those of you going for the first time might want to slowly acclimate to the speed and skill of the game....maybe take in 1 set at first to allow time for your eyes and brain to adjust.

My eyes adjust very quickly when watching our VB team! ;-)
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I hear ya' hummin' my man......I hear ya' hummin'........

Comment

Working...
                    X