Road Trips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Trips

I'm new to the ShockerNet Forum, so maybe this topic has come up before, but has there ever been any thought for fan road trips with the team esp. during conference play??? MSU has always been good with bringing in busloads of fans with their WBB -- why not WSU as well with VB? With the fan base the VB team has now I think the bus trips might be successful.

:goshocks: :yahoo:

I'm sure that there are some rabid fans out there (present company included) but a big part of the equation is......

Road trip from Springfield to Wichita > Road trip from Wichita to Springfield

Nevertheless, the Doc and friends will be at the first trip in Norman.

And I ,for one, cannot wait.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

I've been on basketball and baseball bus road trips and they are actually very comfortable. I think someone should try to set up a VB bus trip to Springfield and to Creighton. You might be surprised at the turnout.

I went to the Springfield match last year and the performance their students put on degrading our team was an embarassment to everyone there. I am not sure this would have happened if we had a hundred people at the match. (one hundred would about equal the number of people they have attend their matches)
      GO SHOX!

Comment

I'm not sure if you could get enough to go to make it worth it or not. I know the fan base has really grown, but has it grown enough, with enough rabid fans that would do this? It definitely wouldn't hurt to see as it would be great if there were enough who would want to go. But there's a big difference between hoping into your car and heading to the Chuck and getting on a bus and heading to Springfield.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by 1stThings1st
          I went to the Springfield match last year and the performance their students put on degrading our team was an embarassment to everyone there. I am not sure this would have happened if we had a hundred people at the match. (one hundred would about equal the number of people they have attend their matches)

Interesting......can you elaborate?

Comment

Maybe with a new arena the setup will be different. The first row of seats were 3 feet away from our bench. So the students sat 3 feet behind our bench. Several football players ( I assume based on the size of their bellies) continually yelled, screamed at our players on the court and the bench. During timeouts the entire group yelled loud enough our coaches had to move the team huddle to the middle of the playing court just to be able to communicate during the timeouts. Of course when we switched sides after each game the group of students moved to be behind our bench. Very poor control by the SWMS administration and security in the arena. Our team focused on the game and walked out with a 3-1 victory.
            GO SHOX!

Comment

http://valleytalk.net/showthread.php?t=7040 :lol:
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

A Chartered Bus trip to the MSU game! Details on the the Shocker website. Hopefully, we can fill a bus! If this is a success maybe more weekend trips will be offered -- I'd jump at the chance for a bus trip to the UNI/Bradley games also. :yahoo:

Comment

Just made my reservations for the November 21st Springfield trip.

On Fri., Nov. 21, the Shocker volleyball team heads to Springfield, Mo., to take on the Missouri State Bears for their last regular-season match of the year. This is a great chance to support your Shockers on the road!

Should be fun and I'm hoping that we will be trying to complete the first perfect regular season in Shocker history and the 2nd perfect conference regular season in Shocker history. (Including any and all team sports).

Even if its not, it should be a fun trip.

Comment

Apparently, there is till room on the bus for the Missouri State Match this Friday.

On Fri., Nov. 21, the Shocker volleyball team heads to Springfield, Mo., to take on the Missouri State Bears for their last regular-season match of the year. This is a great chance to support your Shockers on the road!

One thing we now know is that the Match is one that could establish WICHITA STATE HISTORY.

For those of you who have to work, I hear there is a flu epidemic moving in on Friday morning.

:goshocks:

Comment

If I go, I have to take 15-20 people with me and I don't think I want to invest $1100 in this historic trip. Unless I can reschedule, it looks like I will miss the trip. Now if SN wants to help support some fantastic Shocker fans so they can attend this match, ... :lol:

If I can reschedule this meeting, I'll probably bring a couple people (but not 15-20) with me. If not, I'll watch on Kansas Now 22.
                      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                        If I go, I have to take 15-20 people with me and I don't think I want to invest $1100 in this historic trip. Unless I can reschedule, it looks like I will miss the trip. Now if SN wants to help support some fantastic Shocker fans so they can attend this match, ... :lol:

If I can reschedule this meeting, I'll probably bring a couple people (but not 15-20) with me. If not, I'll watch on Kansas Now 22.
                        I checked with the VB office and at this point about 30 people are going on a 50 seat bus, so we can probably accomodate you and your friends.

;-)

Comment

Looks like I'm not going. Trying to change a scheduled event for a moderately large group at the last minute can be difficult.

Comment

I finally came to the realization the other night that if this was basketball or baseball playing this close to wichita for a simliar goal to end the season I would be there even if I had to skip work. Since I had tomorrow off anyway I decided I needed to put aside the girls bball game and my own activities and I'll be there to cheer on the Shocks. Hope to see many fellow Shockers there.

Comment

Working...
                            X