More Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Class

WICHITA, Kan.- The Wichita State volleyball program has been named a recipient of the 2007-08 American Volleyball Coaches Association Team Academic Award. WSU is one of 70 Division I programs to earn the award.

Well done all.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

:good: :good:
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

This is a wonderful program that's easy to get behind. How could anyone not support these girls.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I can get behind them, especially to look at them. :)

Comment

While WSU certainly has many outstanding students of both genders, I find myself watching the Shocks execute their plays much more than anything else. When Sara has a strong play for a kill and gets excited, I love her effort and her joy at winning.
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Congratulations! The 'Cats and even the evil UK Hawkers also made the list.

Comment

I understand that Sara leaves for Spain in about three weeks. Best of luck to one of our stars. http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticl...ATCLID=1479743

PS I understand Mary Elizabeth Hooper is playing very well and should be a strong setter for us.

ADDED: I think Melissa Granville may be one of our backup setters. If we play the 6-2, Mary and Melissa might be the M&M's of our team. Sounds sweet to me.
              :D
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

MEH is THE real deal. I doubt Melissa will see a whole lot of floor time.

Comment

Mary Elizabeth might be the real deal, but she is a freshman. Experience is valuable. I always learned to "be prepared". So what if MEH is sick, hurt, has unknow issues and it impacts the court. Better have someone capabale and ready to step in. This goes for every person and every position. This team is loaded with talent. Now to develop the mental part of the game, that's the challenge for this team!
                  GO SHOX!

Comment

Am I the only one that missed the addition of Karalee Langford (who was a setter for Hutch CC) to the team and the fact that sophomore setter Kaitlyn Anderson is no longer on the team? I assume the two are related, since Kaitlyn would have been the backup setter, getting depth to replace her is important, but I just hadn't heard anything about it.

Karalee Langford (12) Setter - 2006-07 (Hutchinson CC)Played in 27 matches and 59 games splitting time at setter and outside hitter for the Blue Dragons in 2007...
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Yes. Everyone else noticed it. Even on volleytalk, someone noticed it. http://volleytalk.proboards88.com/in...d=21773&page=1

Comment

I saw a current WSU basketball player today. I commented on the volleyball team's impressive weekend and he agreed that it was pretty nice.

(This isn't important but I think it is great that our student-athletes support one another. :lol: )

Comment

Working...
                        X