Shocks Head to New Orleans and Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
    6-0 vs. 6-0 on Friday? Should be a big one.
    SMU finishes off a sweep of UCF today and the showdown is set.

Comment

Tabitha Brown with a well earned a AAC Weekly Honor Roll mention for her work against Tulane and Houston.

Tabitha Brown * Jr. * OH * Wichita State
      Brown had two double-doubles and led the Shockers’ offense, as Wichita State24 swept its weekend opponents. Brown hit .324 in both matches, while averaging a weekend-high 4.83 kills to lead all conference hitters. She had 14 kills against Tulane and 15 against Houston. She also averaged 4.17 digs per set and 12.5 digs per match. With a 6-0 record, the Shockers are off to their best conference start since 2008.
      Great work by Tabitha. I will throw my own personal honor roll mention for Abbie Lehman who hit 23-3-33 = .606 agaisnt Tulane and Houston and 1 block solo and 7 block assists.

I also feel compelled to shout out an Atta Girl to both Alex Koon (14-1-30 = .433) and Emma Wright (10-1-18 = 0.500) for their work this weekend. Both seem to be settling into their supporting roles and should only improve as they get more match experience. They won't always put up these kind of numbers but they both seem to have grabbed the opportunity that they were given to inset themselves in the mix this year.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 9, 2017, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Am I crazy, stupid, blind or just slow to the party?

Is the AAC Volleyball schedule unbalanced so that we don't get Tulane and Houston back here this season?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Am I crazy, stupid, blind or just slow to the party?

Is the AAC Volleyball schedule unbalanced so that we don't get Tulane and Houston back here this season?
          Apparently not. That’s what a 12-school conference operates. No more true round robins.
          78-65

Comment

Working...
          X