2017 Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Kansas lost at home to an average at best West Virginia side. I'm calling it now. We host. KU the 2 seed. MSU or UNI the 3. CSU a 4?
    Kansas lost 15-11 in the fifth.

Likewise (kinda), Creighton won 15-11 in the fifth to take the Big East AQ.

Be careful what you wish for, but I would rather play Kansas than anybody else right now - even in Lawrence.

As an aside, Colorado State is too strong to be a fourth in a Regional pod - IMHO.

Comment

• I believe we will finish 13 in RPI!

Comment

• I'm serious, not that anyone cares. I'm going to blow a gasket if we get sent to Lawrence again. Kansas is resting on past years. I'll be mad if we're a 2 seed at Lincoln or Omaha or Texas etc. But if our kids get sent to Kansas again....better check the profanity filters for starters around here.

Comment

I'm serious, not that anyone cares. I'm going to blow a gasket if we get sent to Lawrence again. Kansas is resting on past years. I'll be mad if we're a 2 seed at Lincoln or Omaha or Texas etc. But if our kids get sent to Kansas again....better check the profanity filters for starters around here.
          I am a bit torn. I would love to host, get the "acknowledgement" as one of the sixteen seeds. But I would rather be one of those standing after the first weekend.

Comment

• WuDrWu
            WuDrWu commented
            Editing a comment
            I think we all would, but don't you think the odds of that happening play along the line of hosting? I like our chances of advancing to the 16 better at home, no matter the (reasonable) competition vs trying to accomplish it on the road.

• Elsewhere in the Big 12 Iowa State swept Texas Tech at home and Texas beat Baylor 3-1 in Waco.

Oregon edged Oregon State on the road 3-2 on Friday.

Comment

• The current RPI is 14 with only (maybe) the USC-UCLA match remaining that might affect seed or not for the Shockers. A UCLA win moves them into the pool of possible seeds.

Comment

• Missouri State 3-0 Northern Iowa
              15 23 22

Comment

Kansas lost at home to an average at best West Virginia side. I'm calling it now. We host. KU the 2 seed. MSU or UNI the 3. CSU a 4?
                WSU-KU at Koch on Saturday...how big is that crowd? Any chance we get anything close to 10,500?

78-65

Comment

• Not 10500. But 8k is a real possibility. Should be 8-10k Shocker fans but people don't listen to me.

After seeing everything today, I think it's more likely we're headed to Omaha or Austin as a 2 seed . Which sucks.

Comment

• Taylor Eldridge article

The Shockers finish the season with an RPI of 14, not the Top Ten cited in the article, a value that is a week old. Otherwise, a very nice article where coach and players talk about the barriers (primarily coming from Strength of Schedule) to the Shockers hosting.

The VT fellow who tries to pick the field has the Shockers in Lawrence against Washington State. He talks about how hard it is for a mid-major to host, noting the Shockers, Cal Poly and BYU are all in the same boat.

I agree that Lawrence is a very likely destination. I think the resume of the Shockers is too good to send them to Lincoln or Austin where they are very unlikely to survive the weekend. In Lawrence they have a much better chance.

Comment

• 16 seed coming!

I believe 5 spots in rpi and a fresh loss to No 87 in RPI WV will give shocks bid over KU!

Comment

Working...
                      X