2017 Volleyball 101 Dinner - Saturday, August 19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    @wichshock65 I checked on the autographed 1994 Shocker Baseball Poster you donated with about 30 minutes left in the auction. At that point it had a bid of $80 on it, Not sure what it ended up at. With the silent auction folks usually go through and see what is available and they may or many not enter a bid on an item of interest. But what they will do is make a note of the items they are most interested in and then close to the end of the auction they go back and try to get the final bid in.

Thanks for donating that item. There were around 167 cash and silent auction donors.

I thought one of the neatest things in the silent option was a metal art piece, probably laser or machine cut, of WuShock holding a Volleyball. Probably about 24" x 30". Bidder #61 apparently thought so too because they had already made the guaranteed winning bid of $350. Also I really liked the 2013 Final Four commemorative hardwood floor placque was pretty neat as well.
    That's great news! Every little bit helps and I'm so glad I could contribute to the success of the program.

Thanks for the info 72!

Comment

This is such a great event to attend. The first year they had this I went and I actually won the golf with Chris on the silent auction. During our round of golf I asked him how he thought the event turned out. His reply was they thought they would be lucky to have 50 people show up. He was truly amazed at the large turnout and said that type of support is what makes WSU special.

Comment

I bought two scoops in the Diamond Dig. My daughter scooped up one of the large diamonds and won me a WuShock flag. It's about 3' by 5'. It has images of the WuShock logo from 1920, 1948, 1959, 1964, 2002 and 2009 (current version) with WICHITA STATE UNIVERSITY across the bottom. Got my money's worth on that scoop.

Photo Gallery
        1972 I was disappointed your gallery did not include a picture of you and your daughter with the WuShock flag. I would love to see the flag.

Comment

@wichshock65 I checked on the autographed 1994 Shocker Baseball Poster you donated with about 30 minutes left in the auction. At that point it had a bid of $80 on it, Not sure what it ended up at. With the silent auction folks usually go through and see what is available and they may or many not enter a bid on an item of interest. But what they will do is make a note of the items they are most interested in and then close to the end of the auction they go back and try to get the final bid in.

Thanks for donating that item. There were around 167 cash and silent auction donors.
          That was a great item, and almost any other year I would have purchased it. In fact, I stared at it for 10 minutes at least thinking about pulling the trigger but I had already committed to buy 2 other items and the live auction had yet to start and there was 1 item I had to have, so I reluctantly passed. A wonderful item and thanks to @wichshock65: for donating it!

Comment

Here is the item @wichshock65 donated:

Top Half of Item:

Bottom Half of Item:

A little hard to read; Likenesses in the top row (left to right): Carl Hall, Jason Adams, Casey Blake, Jaime Bluma and Mike Brandley. Bottom row (left to right): Gene Stephenson, Brent Kemnitz, Jim Thomas, Richie Taylor and Joey Jackson. Of course, it was signed by the entire team.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 22, 2017, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              That was a great item, and almost any other year I would have purchased it. In fact, I stared at it for 10 minutes at least thinking about pulling the trigger but I had already committed to buy 2 other items and the live auction had yet to start and there was 1 item I had to have, so I reluctantly passed. A wonderful item and thanks to @wichshock65: for donating it!
              You are very welcome and it was my pleasure! The family and I went to the arena and dropped it off at the athletic office. Had never been in the office before but all were so nice and thankful for the contribution. Everyone that I have ever met within the organization, from secretary to players, have always been Class Acts. Truly makes me proud to be a shocker fan.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X