AVCA All-Midwest Region Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVCA All-Midwest Region Team

Jody and Abbie earned first team AVCA All-Midwest Region honors. Also on the first team are Lily Johnson of Missouri State and Kayla Hainline of Northern Iowa. Melissa Stokes is Coach of the Year for the Region.

Congratulations to Jody and Abbie. Nice to see Jody finish her career on a high note.

Comment

Congrats to both young ladies. Coach Lambs press conference after their last match in Lincoln was very nice. Going to miss them all.

Comment

Jody and Abbie further honored as AVCA honorable mention All-Americans.

Congratulations to both young ladies. Especially happy for Jody Larson to finish her career on a high point. Missouri State's Lily Johnson also was honored as an AVCA honorable mention All-American.

Not that Jody and Abbie are not deserving but I can't help but feel that maybe Emily has been overlooked a bit although she was the SOTY in the Vallley. I am sure this has more to do with the math. There are no doubt a good number of high quality setters out there. The thing I like about Emily is she brings a pretty diverse skill set to the setter position that adds value but may not show up in her setting stats.

Hopefully, Emily, Abbie, Mikaela and maybe even Jenny will have the kind of Senior year that Jody was able to produce. Hopefully, Tabitha begins next season as good are better as she finished this season. Beyond that it will be interesting to see who will step up tp fill the few gaps left by the graduation of Jody, Katy and Dani.

I guess we will have to wait and see how Jenny, Giorgia and Regan recover from their season ending injuries. Never a sure thing.

We have a half dozen frosh who redshirted (I think). Are there any hidden gems in that group or maybe among our new crop of incoming freshmen?

We finsihed the season with a roster of 25. 3 are graduating. 5 incoming freshmen have been announced. Hard to believe we will have a roster of 27 players next year. A little bit of attrition would not be surprising. But I say that every year.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 15, 2016, 07:08 PM.

Comment

If those girls all turned in performances that Jody had I see an elite 8 in our future! I wonder if our coaches are out looking for a transfer? Jody and Tabitha kind of saved our butts the last two years, where would we be without them? Of course a transfer probably means someone with a scholly needs to leave.

Comment

AVCA All Midwest Region

Thanks. Can you send me the narrative for the 1967 All Star team and game. This would have been seniors in the 1966 season that made the All Star game in 1967. Ill look and see if I have a program for the game. and Ill look back in my records to see if there is any documentation of all region or all state name selections.

Comment

Working...
            X