Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocks @ SIU (Friday, Nov 18th) and @ Evansville (Sat, Nov 19th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Jody injured her elbow last night against SIU and probably won't play on the back row tonight. The Shocks will be in a 5-1. Not sure I totally understood Lambo's comments. He said Alex Koon will be in the lineup in place of Jody. I interpreted what he was saying as Alex would play the back row because digging and passing bother Jody the most and then I am assuming Jody will still paly front row rotations. Again just not sure about that so we will see what happens.
    I understood him to say that passing actually bothered her more than hitting, and they do not plan to play her at all. All will be made clear very shortly.

Comment

Set One

4-1 Shocks, TO. 8-4, 8-9, 13-9, another Evansville TO.

No Jody.

"out for the night" Mike just said.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
        I understood him to say that passing actually bothered her more than hitting, and they do not plan to play her at all. All will be made clear very shortly.
        I have to admit that I really didn't follow him very well. Doesn't look like Jody is playing at all.

Comment

Set One

Shockers 25-16 Evansville

Shocks hit .423 v .129. Tabitha led the way with 6-0-7 for .857.

Comment

Set Two

Shocks 6-2 and an Evansville TO.

Two kills by Abbie and an ace by Alex brings the score to 12-2 and Evansville takes its last TO.

Eighteen points in a row to make the score 21-2 before the Purple Aces get another point.
            Last edited by flyingMoose; November 19, 2016, 07:41 PM. Reason: 18 in a row

Comment

MSU wins Set 1 at SIU 25-19.

Comment

A 18-point run by the Shocks with Alex Koon serving on the final 17 of those and contributing 3 aces in the run.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 19, 2016, 07:46 PM.

Comment

The score moves to 21-6 and Lambo takes a TO.

Comment

Set Two

Shockers 25-7 Evansville

Shockers .530 v -.034. For the match, .471 v .050. Tabitha is now 11-1-17 for .588, and Abbie is 8-2-12 for .500.

Comment

UNI sweeps Indiana State to secure the #3 seed and can theoretically still secure the #2 seed if the Shockers somehow managed a collapse against Evansville.

Shocks need 1 more set against Evansville to secure the #2 seed.

Comment

MSU goes up 2-0 with a 25-20 2nd set win at SIU.

Comment

Set Three

Shocks 5-0 and it's time for an Evansville TO.

Comment

The Purple Aces steady the ship, but three consecutive points to bring the score to 21-15 bring on the last TO for Evansville.

Comment

Set Three

Shockers 25-18 Evansville for the sweep

For the match, the Shock hit .425 v .094.

Tabitha was 16-2-29 for .483, and Abbie was 13-2-20 for .550.

From the post-game, "We are good enough - are we tough enough?"

Need to get Jody straight for the tournament.
                              Last edited by flyingMoose; November 19, 2016, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Live Stats for the MSU-SIU went down with MSU leading 2-0 and down 14-16 in Set 3.

According to SIU Twitter post SIU won set 3 25-22.
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 19, 2016, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X