Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jam The Gym (UNI) & Halloween Night (Drake)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lambo's Weekly Radio Show - October 31st

Too often Shocker hitters are just not work hard enough on their approaches to be prepared to attack. Not all the time but often enough to cause issues as the kills are dropping and attack errors rising especially with the outside hitters Mikaela, Tabitha and even Jody to some extent.

Continues to be happy with the winning percentage of his non-con opponents.

Complimented Gabi on her play in the Drake match.

Not to worried about the RPI right now. Getting the soring issues resolved is his primary focus right now.

Talked about the 6-2 they rolled out against UNI. Did not fail because of Jordon Roberts. Alex had been playing very well in practice but was pretty much overwhelmed in the UNI match. He said he really can't afford to roll the dice with player debuts going forward with what's at stake. Why he thought it might work against UNI I don't know?

Worked on the 6-2 primarily this Spring and really have not had that much time to work on some things they would like Abbie to do that she has not done much of.

Talked about taking Jody Larson for granted. She is a player who is as good as her athletic ability will take her. He said she is a bit limited athletic but gets about as much out of her natural ability as she can. Just does a lot of different things on the Volleyball court to help the team.

Jody is comfortable in her own skin and pretty much says whatever she thinks. Credits her for bringing Emily and Abbie out of their shells. Apparently, Emily and Abbie were abouts as quiet as they could be when they arrived at WSU.

Loyola is dangerous. Mentioned Reardon and Hanson as being particularly tough. He thought Bradley was going to be better than they have been.

The need to dig their way out of this rough patch. Lambo said he is definitely back at the drawing board. Some of what he is thinking of implementing will needs the littles like Gabi, Kara and Hannah stepping up and doing the job. We will have to see how it goes.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 31, 2016, 05:59 PM.

Comment

One thing I would like to ask Lambo about is if he has ever consider playing a 6-2 with Emily playing all 6 rotations and rotating between attacker when on the front row and setting when on the back row. Not sure if he thinks Emily could be effective in that role but from my untrained eye I could see that possibly working although you would probably like to have Emily have a full spring season and a pre-season to work on that before trying it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Why he thought it might work against UNI I don't know?
        My answer is that 1) it was working in the gym, and 2) the Shocks were down 0-2 to Northern Iowa in the conference tournament last year, and they pulled out the win by going to the 6-2. 1) is a comment from his post-game show on Friday, but I forget where I read 2), the Saturday game article I think, an article which never appeared online.

Comment

The Futures RPI for the Valley teams of interest:

RPI Rank. (LastW Rank) Team (Overall wins - losses, Conference wins - losses)

35. (31) Wichita State (21-8, 14-4)

47. (50) Northern Iowa (22-9, 13-5)

51. (52) Missouri State (24-8, 15-3)

63. (58) Southern Illinois (21-11, 12-6)

The +1 Conference Win, -1 Conference Win RPI Projection should appear tomorrow.

Comment

Nice to call out Gabi, very happy for her and Dani who I thought played well also. Looking at the valley stats Mike's comments about Jody ring very true, she is in the top ten of several categories and close on a few others. Nice to see a more balance attack against Drake, thought we had gotten away from that the previous two matches. Interesting comment about possibly pulling a redshirt this late in the season. Not sure of who it was but they were having success in practice, hopefully we don't have to resort to that.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
              The Futures RPI for the Valley teams of interest:

RPI Rank. (LastW Rank) Team (Overall wins - losses, Conference wins - losses)

35. (31) Wichita State (21-8, 14-4)

47. (50) Northern Iowa (22-9, 13-5)

51. (52) Missouri State (24-8, 15-3)

63. (58) Southern Illinois (21-11, 12-6)

The +1 Conference Win, -1 Conference Win RPI Projection should appear tomorrow.
              The +1 Conference Win, -1 Conference Win RPI Projections:

35. Wichita State (14 Wins-36) (15 Wins-32) (13 Wins-44)

47. Northern Iowa (13 Wins-47) (14 Wins-44) (12 Wins-52)

51. Missouri State (15 Wins-51) (16 Wins-44) (14 Wins-53)

None provided for Southern Illinois whose projected RPI is in the 60s.

Comment

Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
                Interesting comment about possibly pulling a redshirt this late in the season. Not sure of who it was but they were having success in practice, hopefully we don't have to resort to that.
                I think that was 5-11 OH Regan Stiawalt out of Ness City.

Comment

Working...
                X