Shocks Open Valley Play at MSU on Friday; at home vs EVN on Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Hopefully Jody will get the night off. We shouldn't need her against UE and it will give some others a chance to get some game experience.

I'm concerned about Civita.

At least it's the one area we can "most afford" (if that makes any sense at all) an injury.
    Let's hope Georgia's injury isn't season-ending. Assuming the greater of 3 games or 30% of the season schedule rules applies (and I believe it does) she may be couple matches beyond that having played in 11 matches.

Of course, in volleyball it is more common that have players graduate and move on with eligibility remaining than it is to have players benefit from a medical hardship waiver.

Comment

Evansville Match Notes

The Shocks have won 28 of the last 29 over Evansville. That dominance is expected to continue.

Last year the Shocks swept both matches with Evanville averaging 25-14 per set over those 6 sets including a 25-4 thrashing in the final set of the regular season. Ouch!

Wichita Eagle Pre-Match Article

In my own case, Shocker VB trumps Trump vs Clinton and the Falcons vs the Saints even against a relatively weak opponent like Evansville.

The article is mostly about the new Valley scheduling format (started last year) and its pros and cons. Primarily undertaken to provide the Valley with more opportunities to strengthen RPI's in the non-conference season.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 26, 2016, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Shocks sweep Evansville as pretty much expected by scores of 15, 7 and 12.

I thought the Shocks were a bit sluggish in Set 1 especially the first 15 points after which they trailed 7-8. But they pretty much dominated the Aces the rest of the way as they should against this level of opponent.

In set 2 Jody Larson had a run of 17 consecutive serves (not sure what the school reccord is) as the Shocks extended an 8-6 lead to 24-6 before Evansville scored again on a bit of a lucky play.

I had a Big Gulp in set 3 when Emily took a spill and got up a bit shaky but she stayed in the match until Jordan Roberts subbed in late in the set. That would be one injury that we could not deal with.

Thought they might sit Jody out tonight be she played most of the match and played pretty well.

Shocks out-hit Evansville .443 to -.043, out-aced the Aces 4-1 and out-blocked them 7-3. I will give Evansville credit for their effort and hustle. They were simply over-matched tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          ... until Jordan Roberts subbed in late in the set.
          For the final point of the match, she had a nice back set to Abbie on a slide, a route Abbie does not normally run.

Comment

Giorgia was on crutches for this match. She appeared to have a "heavy sock" on her right leg, but no hardware - unlike Regan who definitely was wearing some hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
              Giorgia was on crutches for this match. She appeared to have a "heavy sock" on her right leg, but no hardware - unlike Regan who definitely was wearing some hardware.
              Did you happen to catch Lambo pre-match and/or post-match? If so, any pearl of wisdom?

Comment

Did you happen to catch Lambo pre-match and/or post-match? If so, any pearl of wisdom?
                Forgot my iPad (doh!), so I can't help.

Comment

Other Monday Score

Southern Illinois 3-2 MISSOURI STATE
                  (13), 16, (23), 19, 13

Comment

Tough start for the Lady Bears going 0-2 at home in tough 5 set matches against the Shocks and Salukis.

Comment

Tough start for the Lady Bears going 0-2 at home in tough 5 set matches against the Shocks and Salukis.
                      Lily Johnson took 75 swings in this one and hit .213. The rest of the team took 86 and hit .291.

Comment

Shocks sweep Evansville as pretty much expected by scores of 15, 7 and 12.
                        Shocks out-hit Evansville .443 to -.043,.
                        So in their last two matches (UNI @ UE, UE @ WSU),
                        Evansville has scored a total of 62 points, held an attack % of -.069, and their opponents hit .425

(Panthers swept the Aces 14, 9, 5; hitting .403 while UE hit -.098)

ouch.

Comment

Wichita Eagle report on Evansville match.

Comment

Working...
                          X