When is Beach Volleyball coming to WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is Beach Volleyball coming to WSU

The wife and I have really enjoyed watching beach volleyball during the olympics. It has to to help Volleyball recruiting to have a beach program right?

Edit: Sorry, didn't see thread below...
    Last edited by Shockerman; August 16, 2016, 11:26 PM. Reason: Merge threads

Missouri State is set to start Beach Volleyball in spring 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
      The wife and I have really enjoyed watching beach volleyball during the olympics. It has to to help Volleyball recruiting to have a beach program right?

Edit: Sorry, didn't see thread below...
      Yeah, right -- you're just trying to tempt WstateU.

Comment

Wonder if the league change has affected adding a new program? Looks like Tulane is the only school with a team and plays as an independent.

Comment

Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
          Wonder if the league change has affected adding a new program? Looks like Tulane is the only school with a team and plays as an independent.
          I think I recall hearing Lambo express interest in adding Beach Volleyball. However, considering the financial impact of joining the AAC I think that actually diminishes the chances of adding Beach Volleyball at least until the AAC transition period is behind us.

Not sure how much of a financial commitment adding Beach Volleyball is but I personally would much prefer that money go towards fixing Shocker Baseball.

My guess is Beach Volleyball is at best on the backburner at this point in time.

Comment

From my conversations with staff, I think it is for now at least. I know Lambo wants it. Training is SO much easier and less stressful on the bodies.

It's very popular with the student athletes too. It can't be that expensive, EXCEPT where do you go to play matches?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              EXCEPT where do you go to play matches?
              Jersey's Sports Bar & Grill

Comment

Just do it!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Well I'm afraid Jersey's has removed their courts.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                    Just do it!

Must be the Oregon team with colors like that. I know it can't be Baylor:)

Comment

Rotate it between the fraternity houses with sand courts. Attendance would be good at least.

Comment

Wasn't that new sports complex going to include indoor sand courts?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          Wasn't that new sports complex going to include indoor sand courts?
                          Yes, the Wichita Sports Forum at K-96 and Greenwich Road has indoor sand courts. The Shocker volleyball team did off season workouts their last year.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 9, 2017, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Former Shocker All-American will be competing for Team USA in the FIVB Long Beach President's cup on July 12 -16.

WICHITA, Kan. – Former Wichita State volleyball All-American Emily Stockman will be competing for Team USA in the FIVB Long Beach Presidents Cup, an exhibition beach volleyball World Tour event that will feature the highest ranking U.S. versus international teams.

Comment

Working...
                            X