Zach Brown's Sister to Transfer to WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zach Brown's Sister to Transfer to WSU

Tabitha Brown, Zach sister, will transfer to WSU to play volleyball after playing her freshman year at Alabama. Tabitha is a former top 50 recruit and Lamb seems really excited about her potential as a 6 rotation player:

WICHITA, Kan. – Tabitha Brown, a native of Spring, Texas, will transfer from Alabama to Wichita State to continue her volleyball career.

Welcome to Shocker Nation Tabitha!
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

That's awesome!
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Boom. So .... Lambo owes Marshall a beer.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

It looks like she got a good amount of court time in the non-conference season - likely against weaker opponents to build depth. Even so, for a freshman, that's solid. Lamb has had pretty good luck with transfers - Tokarz, Stockman, Larson and now Brown.

Comment

I heard she was in on a visit this last weekend. It's pretty cool when families can stay together like this....and it's even better when they are superstar like athletes.

Welcome aboard Tabitha, I hope you enjoy your time in Wichita!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            It looks like she got a good amount of court time in the non-conference season - likely against weaker opponents to build depth. Even so, for a freshman, that's solid. Lamb has had pretty good luck with transfers - Tokarz, Stockman, Larson and now Brown.
            Camri Zwiesler
            78-65

Comment

From Prepvolleyball.com last season's Sr. Aces

88. Tabitha Brown, 5-10 OH, Klein Collins (Spring, Texas), Willowbrook – Alabama

Brown is a dynamic six-rotation outside hitter who can beat you in myriad ways. She is a ball control player who plays very high and has a college-ready arm. Brown has a unique style that makes people take notice, from her Muhammad Ali-type footwork before EVERY serve receive to her take charge approach on defense to her aggressive jump serve that will put extreme pressure on would-be passers. She is a smart – a member of National Honor Society – and a great leader willing to push herself and her teammates to excellence. Willowbrook’s Gabi Carbone describes Brown’s work ethic as “high level and aggressive,” adding “She is an advocate of reps. She believes the more quality reps she puts in the better she becomes. Regarding that; her motto is, ‘You touch 50 balls in practice but I will touch 150 outside of practice.’” Brown has committed to Alabama. Expect her impact to be immediate and long lasting.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                . . . from her Muhammad Ali-type footwork before EVERY serve receive . . .
                If you watch tennis players receiving a serve, they will often come up on their toes and hop right as the serve is struck by the opposing player. It helps prepare your muscles for a quick reaction. I've never watched volleyball players to see if they do it, but it sounds like Tabitha employs the concept.

Comment

Against UNI she had 9 kills (9-3-34 .176) 7 digs, 2 aces, SIX service errors and 1 block assist.

I imagine with a little coaching she will flourish here.

Comment

Alabama had a record of 17-15, losing to UNI (3-1), with an 11-7 record in the SEC, losing twice to Kentucky (3-1, 3-0). Tabitha played about half of the matches for a team with a (current) RPI of 90. Stats-wise, it appears she was the fourth hitter on the team and appears to be roughly (very roughly, I am talking stats only) to Mikaela and Jody.

The last time she stepped on the court for Alabama was 2 October, two matches into their conference season. Injuries? Lack of production? Whichever, Lamb will be coaching her up.

Comment

Tabitha Brown Interview. Pretty easy to see her as a National Honor Society member.

High School highlights

Comment

Sounds like a tremendous young lady on and off the court and a really good get for Lambo. I know he loves 6-rotation players. I think this could prove to be are very rewarding move for both Shocker Volleyball and for Tabitha.

Comment

This is a good story on so many levels.
                          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Working...
                          X