Chris Lamb Radio Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Lamb Radio Show

Thought Coach Lamb had a very good radio show last night. A lot of interesting stuff IMHO. If you missed it here is the podcast:

Spent a lot of time talking about Dani Mostrom and what makes her the best Libero in the conference. Lambo stating that dig totals in and of themselves don't mean all that much. He keeps a Libero index which rates the quality of passing. He said you simply can not dig enough balls to make up for even average passing. He also discussed Dani's lazer beam setting as the out-of-system setter.

Mike commented about the youth of this Shocker team and Lambo said yes, that's true, but just about everyone in the Valley is just as young this year including all of the top half of the conference.

Interesting comments about Regan Peare turning the corner on her setting and that she has one of the better arm swings on the team. He also said Emily Heibert has a good arm and that he might look at what old-school stuff he might be able to do with both Emily and Regan on the floor together next spring. Not sure exactly what he was thinking. Maybe leaving both Regan and Emily in through six rotations with them alternating as an attacker (when on the front row) and as a setter (when on the back row). Just guessing on that though.

My only complaint is the Lambo's show is too short. Wished it were an hour. They really only touched ever so briefly on the upcoming NCAA match with KSU at the end of the show.
    I really enjoy listening to Lambo expound on all things volleyball.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 1, 2015, 02:27 PM.

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Interesting comments about Regan Peare turning the corner on her setting and that she has one of the better arm swings on the team. He also said Emily Heibert has a good arm and that he might look at what old-school stuff he might be able to do with both Emily and Regan on the floor together next spring. Not sure exactly what he was thinking. Maybe leaving both Regan and Emily in through six rotations with them alternating as an attacker (when on the front row) and as a setter (when on the back row). Just guessing on that though.
    That is exactly where I think his comment leads. But knowing Coach Lamb, it will one of a couple of dozen possibilities he will explore.
    Last edited by flyingMoose; December 1, 2015, 02:48 PM. Reason: 1 of 24

Comment

That's exactly it @1972Shocker: on Regan and Emily.

And I don't think Lambo can do anything in just a half an hour.

Comment

Emily Heibert is the MVC Scholar-Athlete of the Week for the final week of November.

This girl just has nothing going for her outside of being an outstanding athlete, being beautiful, very smart, of high character and having a great personality.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
          That is exactly where I think his comment leads. But knowing Coach Lamb, it will be one of a couple of dozen possibilities he will explore.
          Otherwise he would be bored and we don't want no bored Lambo!
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 1, 2015, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X