2015 NCAA Volleyball Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    You know this stings, but congrats to Anna Church and Ashlyn Driskill as they advance to the Final 4 beating #1 USC late last night 3-2, 15-13 in the 5th.

SC was oddly bad, but don't take anything away from Kansas. They've been great all year, losing only to Texas, also in the Final Four.

For all the talk of west coast strengths, the Final Four is all heartland. Minnesota, Texas, Kansas, Nebraska. In Omaha. There won't be any Joan of Arc specials this week I promise you.
    Kansas took the first two sets, but they had to come from behind in the fifth set. Trailing 9-13, they ran off six points in a row to punch their ticket to Omaha. They are the #9 National Seed. Minnesota, Texas (who had to win 17-15 in the fifth in their own gym over Florida) and Nebraska are the #2, 3 and 4 National Seeds respectively.

Kansas meets Nebraska and Minnesota plays Texas next Thursday in the semi-finals.
    Last edited by flyingMoose; December 13, 2015, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
      Kansas meets Nebraska and Minnesota plays Texas next Thursday in the semi-finals.
      These matches are on ESPN2 this Thursday. The Minnesota-Texas match is at 6pm, and the Nebraska-Kansas match is at 830pm.

Comment

That place is going to be jam packed for the NU KU game. Largest crowd to ever watch a women's college volleyball game?

Comment

Go Big Red.

Comment

That place is going to be jam packed for the NU KU game. Largest crowd to ever watch a women's college volleyball game?
            Secondary market tickets ranging from a couple hundred for the upper bowl to $750 courtside. KU fans up in arms over the 200 they get. Bandwagoners not happy.

Comment

Could very well. The 2008 semi-finals match between Penn State and Nebraska in Omaha drew a record 17,430 mostly Nebraska fans. To Penn State's credit they won a tough 5-set match.

Comment

My friend has two amazing tickets that he would like to sell for the Championship game (only). They are dead center court, row 8. These tickets are going for a crazy amount right now, if you can find them at all. This site has people asking for $800+/ticket for worse seats: http://centeromaha.com/Tickets-Activ...0&venueID=3009

Is him asking $500 for each seat out of the question? What would be the best place to advertise them? He will let them go for less, but not being able to find similar killer seats for sale makes finding the right value tricky.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

There was a site I got my killer seats for the WSU round of 32 game in Omaha last spring....maybe Bigredtickets.com? Everything about it was great. That might not be the right name though, I can't remember. There were 2 in Omaha. First rate, professional, honest company.

Comment

There was a site I got my killer seats for the WSU round of 32 game in Omaha last spring....maybe Bigredtickets.com? Everything about it was great. That might not be the right name though, I can't remember. There were 2 in Omaha. First rate, professional, honest company.
                    Ok, I will look for a site similar to that name (if not that one exactly).
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

KU is 0-86-1 against Nebraska. Now they have to play them in front of a near record crowd of Husker fans/

I don't like the Beakers chances too well.
                      The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                        KU is 0-86-1 against Nebraska. Now they have to play them in front of a near record crowd of Husker fans/

I don't like the Beakers chances too well.
                        True, but this is not your father's Kansas team. They have enough fire power to score against the Huskers. If they can handle the moment, they can play with Nebraska.

Comment

I still say Nebraska wins.
                          The Assman

Comment

The only common opponents for KU and Nebraska this year were Texas in Austin and Iowa State in Ames.

Nebraska lost in Austin 3-2 (17-25, 25-21, 15-25, 25-23, 11-15) while KU was swept (16, 19, 14).

Nebraska won in Ames 3-1 (23, (21), 23 and 11) while KU also won in Ames 3-1 ((20), 26, 15, 20).

Not a lot to go on but Nebraska will definitely have the advantage playing in Omaha. Still KU is playing very well with only losing to Texas twice this year and coming off big win of #1 national seed USC in San Diego.

Should be a very good Final 4 and Championship.

Comment

Watching tonight with a Nebraska grad. So for tonight, Go Big Red!

Comment

UT over Minnesota. Really quality match. UT with a little too much fire power for the Gophers.

Comment

Working...
                                X