Ref Signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ref Signals

I understand most of the Ref signals for violations but there are a couple that I do not understand or can find. One is open right hand and two fingers on the left and the other is a right handed fist and two fingers. Someone please enlighten me! Maybe they aren't violations but they tend to come up after whistles.

I'm not positive what you're seeing and describing....is there any chance the official is identifying the offending player's number?

2 fingers showing is usually for a double hit but there's no fist too.

Comment

sounds like signalling player #7 (5 fingers + 2 fingers) and player #12 (closed fist = 10 + 2 fingers)

Comment

Numbers may be the case, but I don't see them do it every time...I'll watch again and hopefully be more clear in my question.

Comment

I believe they usually only signal player numbers after a player is in the net.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
            I believe they usually only signal player numbers after a player is in the net.
            Numbers are also used when signalling a position fault, but those are much less common than a net fault.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

That would make sense as it seems to happen after a net violation . Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X