Marquette Invitational

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marquette Invitational

Shox up 8-4 in the 1st set on Marquette.

Shocks take set 1 25-21 in spite of Abbie on hitting only .125 with 2 kills. Katie Reilly continuing to play well with 5 kills and hitting .500.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Unfortunately we are now being thrashed in the second, down 5-16.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Marquette wins 2nd set 25-22. Good comeback by the Shox but came up a bit short.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
          Marquette wins 2nd set 25-22. Good comeback by the Shox but came up a bit short.
          Indeed. Hopefully the momentum/adjustments carry through for the rest of the match.

Comment

The Shocks do indeed keep some momentum out of the near comeback and win the third 25-18 to take a 2-1 set lead.

Comment

Went down to the wire, but the Shocks pull it out 15-13 in the 5th.

Comment

Tremendously competitive match. Katie Reilly playing the best volleyball of her Shocker career. 20-1-39 = 0.478 for Katie.

Marquette's Taylor Louis had 26 kills but took 82 attack attempts (yes, 82) but also had 18 attack errors to only hit .098.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Tremendously competitive match. Katie Reilly playing the best volleyball of her Shocker career. 20-1-39 = 0.478 for Katie.

Marquette's Taylor Louis had 26 kills but took 82 attack attempts (yes, 82) but also had 18 attack errors to only hit .098.
                  I was just about to comment on the workload of Taylor Louis. That is just nuts.

Comment

Lambo happy with the big win but frustrated by the teams soft play on the left. He said it is really tough to win playing middle-right. Just aren't being aggressive enough with the swings on the left side.

Comment

Great win!

Comment

Shocks blocking was a big key to the win. 17 blocks for the Shocks to 9 for Marquette.

Comment

Now the Shocks need to recover quickly as they will have two matches tomorrow although they should be getting used to playing a bunch of matches in in a short time frame.

Comment

That Marquette team was swept at Kansas last week. FWIW, Driskill has only played a bit role, and former Shocker Jackie Church's younger sister Anna transferred from SLU to KU as well but has barely played so far this season.

Comment

Abbie Lehman buries the 1st service return to lead 1-0 over an IUPUI that could cause up problems if we're oversleeping.

Lehman with kill #2.

Comment

Working...
                              X