Texas A&M Invitational

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas A&M Invitational

Shocks back in action in with 2 matches on Friday and one against the host Texas A&M Aggies on Saturday.

I think I prefer getting the weakest opponent first instead of last like last weekend in Hawaii. New Mexico State on Friday and TAM on Saturday with both be very difficult matches.

The Wichita State volleyball team travels to College Station, Texas, Sept. 4-5, for the Texas A&M Invitational.

:poster_shocks:

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Shocks back in action in with 2 matches on Friday and one against the host Texas A&M Aggies on Saturday.

I think I prefer getting the weakest opponent first instead of last like last weekend in Hawaii.
    Unfortunately, we play all three matches basically within a 24-hour period.
    Last edited by flyingMoose; September 4, 2015, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Is anyone listening? I'm having a day from hell, so I assume it's my computer, internet, whatever....but I can't get the player to even load.

Live stats say we're up 18-11 after starting off 8-1.

Comment

I am hearing it. Wildcat TO at 19-11 after four points in a row from the Shocks.

Another ACU TO at 21-12.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
          Unfortunately, we play all three matches basically within a 24-hour period.
          As was pointed out in the pre-game, each of our opponents will be playing their first match of the tournament. NMS and A&M get to watch us live pre-match; we don't get to watch them.

Comment

Shockers 25-17.

ACU only averaged 15 in their matches last weekend.

Comment

Another four in a row by the Shocks to give them a 5-2 lead and the Wildcats take their first TO of the second set.

Now 18-10 and the second ACU TO.
              Last edited by flyingMoose; September 4, 2015, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Shockers 25-12 to take the second set.

Jaclyn Roddy gets the last two kills in her hometown to end the set.

Comment

In a sluggish third set, the Shocks creep out to a 13-9 lead and ACU calls a TO.

Now 18-15 us and Lambo wants a TO. The hitting is woeful for both sides.

Mash serves her fifth ace of the match to give the Shockers a 22-17 lead and bring on a Wildcat TO.
                  Last edited by flyingMoose; September 4, 2015, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Shockers 25-21 in the third set to take the match over Abilene Christian 3-0.

Six Wildcat blocks, their only blocks of the match, hold the hitting percentage for the Shocks near .100 in the set.

Postmatch comments:

A lot of the blocks were because the kind of ball Jody hits on a pipe set - straighter as opposed to MaryAshton. Getting the right combination of players on the floor is still a work in progress. The defense let too many easy balls get to the floor. Ron Baker told Lambo it took him two to three weeks to recover from a trip to Hawai'i, not something Lambo cared to hear. We will have to play better to beat New Mexico State.
                    Last edited by flyingMoose; September 4, 2015, 12:23 PM.

Comment

I like that Lambo gets information from Bake.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        I like that Lambo gets information from Bake.
                        When Ron Baker talks, E.F. Hutton listens.
                        78-65

Comment

Michaela Raudstepp

I wonder why Michaela Raudstepp didn't play in the 1st game today? Perhaps knowing the team has to play 3 games in 24-hrs, he held her out to have some ffresh legs on the floor for the NMS game at 7 PM today.

Comment

Originally posted by xazshox View Post
                            I wonder why Michaela Raudstepp didn't play in the 1st game today? Perhaps knowing the team has to play 3 games in 24-hrs, he held her out to have some ffresh legs on the floor for the NMS game at 7 PM today.
                            This was part of the "getting the right players on the floor" comment. If I understood, part of it is finding who should be next to whom in the rotation and what works best as a whole. There is always "you get this, but you give up that" in his lineup choices. For example, Jody plays so well on defense that she will be the middle-back when she is in the back row, but then that results in her, not MaryAshton, taking more pipe sets. Back to the right players conundrum, Mikaela was specifically mentioned regarding getting her on the court somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                              This was part of the "getting the right players on the floor" comment. If I understood, part of it is finding who should be next to whom in the rotation and what works best as a whole. There is always "you get this, but you give up that" in his lineup choices. For example, Jody plays so well on defense that she will be the middle-back when she is in the back row, but then that results in her, not MaryAshton, taking more pipe sets. Back to the right players conundrum, Mikaela was specifically mentioned regarding getting her on the court somehow.
                              #LoadedWithTalentProblems

Comment

Working...
                              X