First day of volleyball practice 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First day of volleyball practice 2015

Who does everyone think will be the starting lineup against OSU in Hawaii? I think there are 12 in play to start:

Mostrom, Mostrom, Shelton, Hiebert, Lehman, Raudsepp, Larson, Reilly, Dudzinski, Floyd, Fayad and Whitledge.

Pretty much can count on Dani, Abbie and of course Emily to be in the first 6. I think Gabi starts too with Hannah in the sub rotation. I'll go with Mikaela and Jody also, but I think it's wide open.

Comment

Roster Discussion

Wu, that lineup sounds good to me. I'm not sure at this point where Larson will line up as a OH, left or right. Ditto for Fayad. One other OH that should be interesting to watch if she ever gets a chance is 6-5 RS frosh, Kara Maleski.

Comment

Think this is pretty good, if Larson plays six spots then he gains a few sub opportunities and CL can go with who is hot on the other side. Anyone have an idea if Hawaii will put the games on the internet?

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Who does everyone think will be the starting lineup against OSU in Hawaii? I think there are 12 in play to start:

Mostrom, Mostrom, Shelton, Hiebert, Lehman, Raudsepp, Larson, Reilly, Dudzinski, Floyd, Fayad and Whitledge.

Pretty much can count on Dani, Abbie and of course Emily to be in the first 6. I think Gabi starts too with Hannah in the sub rotation. I'll go with Mikaela and Jody also, but I think it's wide open.

Comment

Hawaii season ticket prices:

Season ticket prices are as follows:
          Lower level - $175 plus an `Ahahui Koa Anuenue premium seat contribution*
          Upper level adult - $135
          Upper level senior citizen (65+) - $110
          Upper level student (ages 4-high school) - $75

Shocker VB season tickets are all General Admission. $65 for adults and $55 for ages 65+ and 12-. With 19 home matches this season that is less than $3.50 per match.

IMHO Shocker VB season tickets are a great bargain and a great entertainment value. Support for our VB program has been very good, but there is no reason it can't be even better.

Let's not fall into the trap of taking this very successful program for granted. Should be another fun and successful season for the Lady Shocks.

Go Shocks!

P.S. Hawaii averaged 6,652 at its home matches in 2014. Also Hawaii head coach Dave Shoji is entering his 41st season as the Rainbow Wahine head coach.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 10, 2015, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xazshox View Post
            Wu, that lineup sounds good to me. I'm not sure at this point where Larson will line up as a OH, left or right. Ditto for Fayad. One other OH that should be interesting to watch if she ever gets a chance is 6-5 RS frosh, Kara Maleski.
            I am very interested in seeing how Katy Dudzinski will adapt to moving to the middle (she is still listed on the roster as an OH) but I think Lambo said he was working her at the MB position. She had the strength and athleticism to be a really good player.

I to am intrigued by what not only the 6-5 Kara Maleski can bring to the table at the pins but also what 6-4 Reylea Kilburn, another RS frosh, might be able to do in the middle. Just not sure how much court time will be available this year. With Katie Reilly and MaryAshton Floyd exhausting their eligibility this year the prospect for court time next year should open up. They need to use this year to be ready for that.

I see that Katie Reilly is still lasted as an OH. Didn't she play mostly MB last year? It will be interesting to see where Katie will be used this year, especially if KatyDud and maybe Rylea can step up in the middle.

Really looking forward to VB season getting underway.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              ... KatyDud ...
              Uh, maybe KatyZin? :)

Comment

Working...
              X