Shocks vs Drake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks vs Drake

At least the Shocks are winning the matches they should win with a 15, 21, 20 sweep of Drake. Not that the Shocks were outstanding. Probably as much or more the result of Drake not being real good, although I will say the Drake kids played hard and I think they have improved coaching. Not sure what Lambo's thoughts were.

The bright spot for me was the play of Ashlyn Driskill. After matching her 6 kills with 6 errors against UNI last night Ashlyn who didn't enter the match until late in the 1st set finished with 7 kills on 10 attempts with a big fat -0- errors. Very nice work for Ashlyn who has too often in the past would contribute highlight reel plays matched by an equal number of unforced errors. Good job Ashlyn.

Correction: Ashlyn did not enter the match until the 2nd set when the Shockers fell behind 7-11.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 5, 2014, 01:06 PM.

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    At least the Shocks are winning the matches they should win with a 15, 21, 20 sweep of Drake. Not that the Shocks were outstanding. Probably as much or more the result of Drake not being real good, although I will say the Drake kids played hard and I think they have improved coaching. Not sure what Lambo's thoughts were.

The bright spot for me was the play of Ashlyn Driskill. After matching her 6 kills with 6 errors against UNI last night Ashlyn who didn't enter the match until late in the 1st set finished with 7 kills on 10 attempts with a big fat -0- errors. Very nice work for Ashlyn who has too often in the past would contribute highlight reel plays matched by an equal number of unforced errors. Good job Ashlyn.

Correction: Ashlyn did not enter the match until the 2nd set when the Shockers fell behind 7-11.
    Abbie Lehman also played well. Attendance was 2558.

http://www.goshockers.com/downloads2...7611&DB_LANG=C
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Mikaela is the real deal, but she is also a freshman: 8-7-32 for .031.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
        Abbie Lehman also played well. Attendance was 2558.

http://www.goshockers.com/downloads2...7611&DB_LANG=C
        Abbie has been one of our more consistent and dependable offensive options.

Comment

Can anyone who has attended a home game this year tell me what the music is that's played during the video intro for the girls?

I'm assuming @1972Shocker: doesn't know since we're in the same musical time frame for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            I'm assuming @1972Shocker doesn't know since we're in the same musical time frame for the most part.
            You are so astute. Perhaps an e-mail to Shannon would give you the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              You are so astute. Perhaps an e-mail to Shannon would give you the answer.
              Or Marketing, assuming they are the ones who put it together.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                Or Marketing, assuming they are the ones who put it together.
                Actually, I am a little surprised that @WuDrWu: did not get this info last night at the Taste and See dinner with the team. OTOH, I can see where he may have been mesmerized by the event which may have impaired his ability to think clearly.

Comment

Dani is the MVC Defensive Player of the Week.

Comment

Good news!

@PaulS:uellentrop: WSU freshman volleyball player (and elk hunter) Mikaela Raudsepp is practicing and will play this weekend.
                    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

The trip to Des Moines could have been better:

Mike Kennedy @Shockerv:oice
                      Bus broke down, waited 3 1/2 hours for new one. Arrived in Des Moines at midnight, hotel didn't have rooms ready. Trick or treat Shox VB

Comment

Forgive me if I don't shed a tear for Mike....I can think of worse ways to spend 3.5 hours........

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          The trip to Des Moines could have been better:

Mike Kennedy @Shockervoice
                          Bus broke down, waited 3 1/2 hours for new one. Arrived in Des Moines at midnight, hotel didn't have rooms ready. Trick or treat Shox VB
                          Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Forgive me if I don't shed a tear for Mike....I can think of worse ways to spend 3.5 hours........
                          "Bus broke down, had to sit trapped inside a small space surrounded by beautiful, athletic women for 3 1/2 hours. Arrived in Des Moines at midnight, hotel didn't have rooms ready so they all had to stay in my room. Trick or treat Shox VB"

Comment

Working...
                          X