Valley Post Season Honors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valley Post Season Honors

I think come out Wednesday but I'm not sure.

Everyone's ideas for who gets what?

I'm not even sure I know what awards they give out.

The only thing I'm really comfortable with is Feekin on 1st team All Conference and Andrade as the POY. Is there really another viable option?

last year, the scholar-athlete team was announced on Monday (or at least the press release on the MVC website is dated then), and the all-conference teams and "____-of-the-year" list (player, defensive player, libero, freshman, coach) were announced on Thursday.

Comment

@JayJ79:, what is your opinion on any or all of those awards? I know you've been more closely in touch with what's going on this season.

Is there a "Newcomer of the Year" award? If so, I would assume it would go to Kinsey Caldwell. I have no idea on COY...could be the SIU coach...Bobbi?

Comment

to be honest, outside of UNI (and to some extent, WSU, since you guys are the only team in the conference that has any sort of VB discussion on their forum), I don't really pay too much attention to the individual players.

I don't think there is a Newcomer award, just a Freshman-of-the-Year and an All-Frosh team.

Coach, I would guess Justin Ingram at SIU. Lamb has done well at wSU, but y'all were expected to do well, and some might say there was some degree of underperformance (not saying that's valid, but some might think it). Bobbi has done a good job, given how young/inexperienced the team was coming into the year, but again, UNI is pretty much expected to be at this level or above. SIU has improved quite a bit in the two years since Ingram took the job, and they exceeded expectations this season

Comment

I agree with you on the coaches. I would expect the votes to go Ingram, Peterson and Lamb, in that order.

Comment

I think Chelsey and Ashley are easy choices for 1st team. And I think both are serious contenders for POY. Ashley by the sheer power or her right arm and the numbers she produced both as an attacker and a blocker. There's a reason she was 5-time player of the week. On the other hand I think Chelsea played everypoint of every set the Shocks played this year. A much bigger workload and responsibility than Ashley had. Either way I would be content.

I think Sam Sanders will be a 2nd teamer and Dani Mostrom will make the all-freshman team.

Comment

MVC Announces 2013 Volleyball Scholar-Athlete Teams

WSU has three on the first team:
              Katie Reilly (3.96, Exercise Science)
              Elizabeth Field (3.77, Chemistry)
              Chelsey Feekin (3.37, Elementary Education), the lowest GPA on the first team, only one lower on the Honorable Mention

and one Shocker in Honorable Mention:
              Ashlyn Driskill (3.38, Elementary Education)

Comment

SHOX no question have high quality talent. I believe we have four ladies with the stats and talent to be first team All Valley. Elizabeth , Chelsey, Ashley, AND Sam have IT. First team. Congratulations!
                GO SHOX!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stThings1st View Post
                  SHOX no question have high quality talent. I believe we have four ladies with the stats and talent to be first team All Valley. Elizabeth , Chelsey, Ashley, AND Sam have IT. First team. Congratulations!
                  Co-players of the year: Chelsey and Ashley

Thanks for your time and talents
                  Elizabeth and Sam also first team. What an honor

Finnish it with a Valley Tournament title. Play tough,play hard, and enjoy the times of your life!
                  GO SHOX!

Comment

I think the Valley got it right with the selection of Ashley and Chelsey as co-POY's.

Congrats as well to Elizabeth and Sam. This is a senior class that will not be easily replaced.

Now it's time for the Lady Shocks to do something that more often than not has eluded them. Win the Valley Tournament and grab an auto-bid to the Dance.

Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      Now it's time for the Lady Shocks to do something that more often than not has eluded them. Win the Valley Tournament and grab an auto-bid to the Dance.

Go Shocks!
                      More and more the "bracketology" says the Shocks are out if they don't get the autobid.

Also working against them is the lateness of our tourney and how it's up close to the selection day. If WSU plays UNI in the final, it's simple to have either slated as a 3 @ Nebraska, for instance vs dealing with a senario that has WSU as an at large option.

Comment

nm

Comment

Chelsey Feekin named 3rd team AVCA All-American and Ashley Andrade name AVCA honorable mention.

Congrats to two future Shocker Hall of Famers. We have some mighty big shoes to fill next year.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 19, 2013, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Nice honor and fun trip for Ashley Andrade.

WICHITA, Kan. ? Wichita State volleyball student-athlete Ashley Andrade will travel to Europe to be part of the U.S.A. Athletes International "All-American European Experience."

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              Nice honor and fun trip for Ashley Andrade.

http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticl...CLID=209508176
                              DKV Volleyball Tournament

Apparently, this is both an indoor and an outdoor tournament with varying skill levels. Some people bring their own tents to sleep in!

Comment

Working...
                              X