Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shockers v Indiana State (Friday) and Illinois State (Saturday and Senior Night)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockers v Indiana State (Friday) and Illinois State (Saturday and Senior Night)

Shockers 3-0 Indiana State

10, 15 and 15.

The Sycamores have no weapons to give the Shocks any problems. We hit .541, a season high, to their .081.

I caught the post-game just as Mike was remarking about the nice night (6-2-9) Katie had on her birthday, but Lambo was having none of it. An error rate above 20% is not good enough. He remains unhappy (as he has all season) with the production from the left pin and the serve-receive of his littles. But they have to go with what they have - what they have just needs to get better.

Sam had a nice night (12-0-19) as did Ashley (13-0-18). Part of Sam's rotation had her hitting from the left side, a change made last weekend.
    Last edited by flyingMoose; November 9, 2013, 08:24 AM.

Missouri State 3-0 Illinois State (!!)

24, 21 and 20.

Northern Iowa 1-3 Southern Illinois (!!!)

21-25, 25-21, 25-27, 17-25

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
      Missouri State 3-0 Illinois State (!!)

24, 21 and 20.

Northern Iowa 1-3 Southern Illinois (!!!)

21-25, 25-21, 25-27, 17-25
      Whoa!

Comment

UNI played terribly tonight. Looking about as lost on the court as they did when WSU came to CF. Pretty much kills any Panther hopes for an NCAA at-large (though such hopes were quite slim to begin witn, even if they had won out).

SIU's setter is only a freshman, and the Salukis could be quite good next season, though they do lose their big OH, Whitehead.

The top half of the conference standings are quite close.

Comment

Shocks need to take advantage of the help they received tonight from MSU and SIU. Big match tomorrow night against Illinois State.

Comment

Game article from the Eagle.

The comments regarding the production from the pins are more positive than those in the post-game radio show.

Comment

Shockers 3-1 Illinois State

19-25, 25-14, 25-19, 26-24.

Our serve-receive was atrocious in the first set. The Redbirds was atrocious-er in the second set.

We only had 48 kills for the match to 55 for ISU, but we played much cleaner, 14 errors by us and 30 for ISU, allowing us to hit .233 versus their .155.

Comment

Nice senior night win in front of one of the better and most enthusiastic crowds of the season.

Kudos and thanks for the great memories to Chelsey, Ashley, Elizabeth and Sam. That's a combined 20 years of dedication to Shocker VB by those 4 Ladies and they could not have represented their families, their coaches, their team, their school and their adopted city any better.

Comment

That was an amazing match with fantastic rallies by both teams. We're going to miss Elizabeth, Chelsey, Ashley and Sam. You have one more chance to see them in CKA; come to the MVC VB tourney and cheer them to victory.
                  Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                  Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I will be there for sure.

Comment

A couple of observations from this weekend's matches:

1. Does Indiana State know what their school colors are or are they just ashamed that someone might recognize them as Indiana State? Perhaps they are just Shocker wanabes and by wearing black they thought they might fool Shocker fans into rooting for them.

2. No Shave November looks good on Lambo. I liked the goatee look he was sporting.

3. I was very pleased with the crowd of 3,900. Not only was it our second largest crowd of the season but it was a very enthusiastic crowd. I guess it helps when the product on the floor gives you a lot to get enthusiastic about. There were perhaps 3 rallies in that match that were the 3 best rallies of the year. It apparently was a Wichita Eagle Family Night and Youth Volleyball Night (free admission to 12 & under wearing their VB uniform) but I don't recall those promotions being heavily marketed. Good showing on Senior Night Shocker Fans.

Let's hope we can do as well or better attendance wise at the MVC Tournament on Thanksgiving weekend.

Comment

Our RPI moved to 49 from 55.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
                          That was an amazing match with fantastic rallies by both teams. We're going to miss Elizabeth, Chelsey, Ashley and Sam. You have one more chance to see them in CKA; come to the MVC VB tourney and cheer them to victory.
                          Definitely part of my Thanksgiving weekend plans. Actually we are driving to Springfield on Friday for the regular-season finale against Missouri State which is shaping up to be a very important match assuming the Shocks take care of business this Thursday at Loyola and Saturday at Bradley.

Then we're heading up to KC for the CBE Classic before returning to Wichita on Wednesday before Thanksgiving, then cap the week off with the Valley VB Tournament.

Comment

WSU is currently 11th in the nation in volleyball attendance average (though 11-17 are all pretty closely clustered)
                            I can't remember if conference tournament matches are included in attendance figures or not.

Team - Conference - Attendance avg. (thru 11/10/13)
                            1. Nebraska (B10) 8163
                            2. Hawaii (Big West) 7400
                            3. Minnesota (B10) 4154
                            4. Texas (B12) 3881
                            5. Wisconsin (B10) 3466
                            6. UNI (MVC) 3350
                            7. Illinois (B10) 3207
                            8. Colorado St (MWC) 3153
                            9. Penn St (B10) 2950
                            10 Michigan St (B10) 2908
                            11 Wichita St (MVC) 2702
                            12 Missouri (SEC) 2676
                            13 Iowa St (B12) 2643
                            14 Florida (SEC) 2627
                            15 North Carolina (ACC) 2551
                            16 Purdue (B10) 2526
                            17 Washington (Pac12) 2483
                            18 Kansas St (B12) 2264
                            19 Ohio St (B10) 2094
                            20 Stanford (Pac12) 1987

Comment

We need to "up our game" and get our average attendance to 3000 next year.
                              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                              X