Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocks at Evansville (Friday at 7pm) and Southern Illinois (Saturday at 5pm)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks at Evansville (Friday at 7pm) and Southern Illinois (Saturday at 5pm)

Shockers 3-0 Evansville

11, 17 and 14.

Post-game: Lambo changed the rotation, moving Sam to the something-or-the-other position. He thought this would take some pressure off Katie and Ashlyn (if I understood). He noted that he did something similar with Emily Adney, moving her to the right side, about the same time last season. This new rotation would be cleaner he thought, but he was not sure it would have enough firepower against the stronger teams. Chelsey was 9-0-10, but he still thinks she does not attack enough.

Lost in 5 to SIU...

Comment

Salukis play kind of an ususual system, and can be very tough at home. as demonstrated by their wins over UNI and now WSU

Comment

I'm thinking that the Shocks loss to SIU pretty much eliminates their at-large chances of getting into the NCAA Tournament and makes the Valley Tournament, held in Koch Arena this year, a must win if they want to continue their streak of NCAA appearances.

Comment

I agree. At large is toast. Frankly, it's almost impossible to believe. I thought for certain the girls would complete the comeback Saturday.

Comment

if WSU wins out (regular season), they'll still have a decent shot at an at-large if they don't happen to secure the auto-bid.
            it's not a lock, but if the committee goes mostly by RPI (which they've done the past few seasons), then Wsu is on the positive side of the bubble.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
              if WSU wins out (regular season), they'll still have a decent shot at an at-large if they don't happen to secure the auto-bid.
              it's not a lock, but if the committee goes mostly by RPI (which they've done the past few seasons), then WSU is on the positive side of the bubble.
              I think I agree with Jay - but they have to win-out and make the championship match of the tournament.

Comment

Working...
              X