Portalnd NIKE Invitational

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portalnd NIKE Invitational

The Wichita State volleyball team travels to Portland, Ore. this weekend for the Portland NIKE Invitational.

Utah State and Portland on Friday and Fresno State on Saturday.

I was not aware until I heard the news on Saturday that Jeff Sanders did not accompany the team to the Utah Valley Tournament last weekend. Not sure how much Jeff's absence effected the team but at the very least the normal routine of how the Shocks about their business was affected.

Utah State defeated UNI 3-1 last weekend and lost to Utah (who also beat UNI) in 5 sets. They look to be our toughest challenge at mid-day tomorrow. So between missing Coach Sanders and playing at 10:30am PDT (12:30pm CDT) the Shocks will have their hands full in that first match of the Tournament.

Looks like live video is available.

Dani Mostrom starting at Libero. So I guess Alyssa Carney won't go 4 years without taking he Libero jersey off. Jordan Hinkle also in the starting lineup on the back row.

Comment

One of Utah State's football players has wandered onto the court.

Comment

Certainly at least the 2nd best team we've played this year. 10-9 Aggies.

Comment

We're just not very good in the back row right now. Not discounting the talent of USU but we just haven't dug a lot of balls so far this year.

And I'm with @1972Shocker:, not having Jeff Sanders is affecting our defense, and overall preparedness.

15-14 USU. The Shocks are hitting .409....normally that's good for about a 18-12 lead at this point in the game.

Comment

10-Point game.

Comment

Something we'll be most of the season.....Shocks have a BIG advantage at setter. It's the difference right now. Timeout Aggies 19-16 Shocks.

Comment

5-Point Game.

Comment

A couple of points that could have gone either way, both to USU and they'll come out of the timeout serving, tied at 20. There was a great opportunity to put away the first set. Now it's a crap shoot.

Comment

22-22

Comment

25-23 Aggies.

Comment

I think this is a bit of a gut check for the Shocks. This is a good but by no means great USU team. They need this set right now.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          25-23 Aggies.
                          Some pretty amazing digs by the Aggies appeared to be the difference in this one. On one occasion, the defender kept the ball up with her face.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            Dani Mostrom starting at Libero. So I guess Alyssa Carney won't go 4 years without taking he Libero jersey off. Jordan Hinkle also in the starting lineup on the back row.
                            Knowing how stat-driven Lambo is, I would guess Alyssa did not have a good week in the gym.

Comment

Shocks digging and passing better in this set, and being helped by some poor serving by the Aggies, and lead 19-15.

Comment

Working...
                              X