LaQuinta Inn & Suites Tournament - Orem, UT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LaQuinta Inn & Suites Tournament - Orem, UT

Ok, the Lady Shocks are no doubt itching to get this season started and they will be at the LaQuinta Inn & Suites Invitational hosted by 2-time defending Great West Conference champs Utah Valley University this weekend.

First up for the Shocks tomorrow (Friday, Aug 30th) at 5:00 pm CDT will be North Dakota State.

The Shocks swept NDS last year at the Northern Illinois Tournament. NDS was 13-18 overall last year and 8-8 in Summit League finishing in a 3-way tie for 5th. NDS looks like they will have to replace 4 key seniors. Brynn Joki, a 6-3 OH hitter who was very tough against the Shocks last year and 6-0 MH Megan Lambertson are gone and they were by far the leading point scorers for the Lady Bison. The will also be replacing their setter, Catherine Yeager, and their Libero, Andrea Henning.

Shocks need to take this opportunity to sharpen up as Arizona State and Utah Valley await the Shocks for two matches on Saturday at 11:00 am and 8:00 pm respectively.

Mike Kennedy will have the call. Friday's match is internet only and Saturday's matches will be on 103.7 FM as well as online.

Let's get after Ladies.

:poster_shocks:
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 30, 2013, 10:30 AM.

The gals getting ready to head out to Utah.

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I find it kind of funny that both UNI and WSU are opening their seasons in Utah this weekend (but at different schools, obviously).

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
        I find it kind of funny that both UNI and WSU are opening their seasons in Utah this weekend (but at different schools, obviously).
        Yes, hilarious. I'm rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
          Jay is helpful. This comment is not.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
            Any coverage of the Panther's matches? I am interested to see the transfer from UNLV in action and how she fits in with the new team.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
              you're right. not really funny, just an amusing (to me) coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Any coverage of the Panther's matches? I am interested to see the transfer from UNLV in action and how she fits in with the new team.
                For UNI vs. Fairfield (6 pm tonight):
                gametracker (although sometimes livestats can be spotty during neutral-site matches)

UNI has their radio guy on the trip, with an audio stream on the UNI website, but that might require a subscription, I don't know.

They play Utah State tommorrow at 11 am, and then the host school, Utah at 8 pm.

Comment

Shocks not real sharp. Some 1st match jitters no doubt. Shocks seemed to show some improvement midway through the 2nd set. Shocks up 2-0 (25-22, 25-16) heading into set 3. Unfortunately, I have other commitments so hopefully the Shocks will carry the late momentum from set 2 over to set 3 and finish this match off.

Comment

Shocks won in 3, but Lamb definitely wasn't happy with the offense...hopefully a better showing on that front in the morning.

Comment

Shocks finish off the sweep with a 25-18 win in Set 3. Not an overly impressive opener for the Shocks. I wouldn't be surprised if Lambo didn't keep things pretty vanilla with Arizona State up tomorrow morning.

Sounds like RS Fr Dani Mostrom played pretty well in her Shocker debut.

Comment

SHOX win opening match. It was a win. Didn't look good but it is a win. Why show Arizona State what you got? SHOX need to use ALL their attackers today.
                        By the way future SHOX opponent Hawaii, for those just waking up, No. 11 @HawaiiWVB knocked off No. 1 @TexasVolleyball last night in 4!
                        GO SHOX!

Comment

Katie is my player of the match. Ten digs.
                          First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Arizona State swept host Utah Valley 21, 18 and 10. The She Devils were lead by 6-4 OH BreElle Bailey and 6-0 OH Macey Gardner with 13 kills each.

Bailey. a freshman, is the daughter of former NCS star Thurl Bailey.

The Shocks on the OTOH spread their kills around against NDS with Ashlyn (5), Ashley (6), Katie (7), Sam (8) and Elizabeth (9) all chipping in 5+ kills.

However, Lambo was not happy his pin scoring and some of his defensive play and said they need to do better to win today.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 31, 2013, 11:04 AM.

Comment

LIVE VIDEO!!! http://www.uvu.edu/uvutv/?DB_OEM_ID=30300, just click on the link on the right of the screen.

Comment

Working...
                              X