2013 VB Schedule Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 VB Schedule Released

WICHITA, Kan. - Wichita State head volleyball coach Chris Lamb announced July 31 the 2013 volleyball schedule, which includes 14 home matches and four tournaments. The Shockers will face seven teams in 2013 that participated in the 2012 NCAA Tournament.

Don't get to see the Lady Shocks at home until the Valley opener on September 19th, immediately followed by the Shocker Volleyball Classic with matches against South Dakota, Hawaii and Creighton on the Sept 20th, 21st and 22nd.

Nice mid-season match at home vs Louisville on October 15th. That is a very nice replacement for OU who decided that just as Sooner not play us.
    Kudos to the Kards who are fast becoming one of my favorite BCS teams. I think I may have to root for Louisville in football this year.

We do have some resume building opportunities on the non-con schedule that we need to take advantage of.

:poster_shocks:

I see what you did there.

Comment

Definitely sucks that we have to wait til the last 1/3 of September to see the Sweet 16 ladies in person. That's a pretty large home/conference opener. Combine that with the games against Hawaii and Creighton and that should be a fantastic atmosphere for the ladies.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

How the hell are we playing in so many games? It looks like we are in four tournaments this year when we are usually in just three and we still have that non-con game in the middle of conference play like usual. I do really like the fact that Hawaii plays right after we play Missouri St. on the Thursday of our tournament, I assume we will get to get to stick around and watch that game for free and maybe it will bring some more people back for that game Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by bunck View Post
          How the hell are we playing in so many games? It looks like we are in four tournaments this year when we are usually in just three and we still have that non-con game in the middle of conference play like usual.
          For volleyball, I don't think the NCAA sets a limit the number of matches a team can play in a season. Instead, they set a limit on the number of "competition days" that a team can have. But a team can play multiple matches on one day, yet it still only counts as one "competition day" towards the limit.
          I don't know any of the specifics, and perhaps there are some other limitations, but in general, if you play in tournaments where two matches take place in one day, you can fit more matches overall into your season.
          Of course, overdoing it could be detrimental for your team. And some coaches will even avoid playing two matches in a day altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Definitely sucks that we have to wait til the last 1/3 of September to see the Sweet 16 ladies in person. That's a pretty large home/conference opener. Combine that with the games against Hawaii and Creighton and that should be a fantastic atmosphere for the ladies.
            Fortunately, some of us don't have to wait that long.:good:

Comment

Working...
            X