2014 Volleyball 101 Dinner - Saturday, August 17th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Volleyball 101 Dinner - Saturday, August 17th

WICHITA, Kan. ? Wichita State volleyball will host its fifth annual Volleyball 101 Dinner on Sat., August 17.

I haven't missed a VB101 Dinner yet and I certainly don't plan on missing this one either.

I personally look at this event as the official kick off to another year of Shocker sports and I am looking forward to another fun evening with Lambo and his Ladies.

Shocker athletics have a tremendous amount of momentum going right now, but we need to do everything we can to keep it going.

Hope you are able to join in the fun.

:poster_shocks:

what about the 2013 volleyball dinner?

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
      what about the 2013 volleyball dinner?
      My mistake. Unfortunately I don't have the ability to correct the thread title.

Comment

I think this needs to be bumped because the time is getting close for this event. This is always a great time and you can pick up some Shocker items at a pretty reasonable price as compared to RtheRH or the GM auction. Plus the team is always walking around talking to people. If you have never been to one of these you need to go.

Comment

Lady Shocks VB program puts up an APR of 1000. This score is a multi-year total based on scores from the 2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11 and 2011-12 academic years.

Student athletes indeed.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 23, 2013, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Got the announcement in the mail yesterday. Sent it in today. Looking forward to a good time.

Comment

The Volleyball 101 dinner looks to be a sell-out or perhaps the deadline for buying tickets has simply passed. Hopefully, the former is in play. Looking forward to another evening of fun and learning more about what has become one of my favorite Shocker sports and teams tomorrow night. No doubt about a mile of pretty smiles will be on tap.

Comment

They are at max capacity. It's a great day!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  They are at max capacity. It's a great day!
                  @WuDrWu do you happen to know what that number is? Around 400 I suppose plus team and WSU staff.

Comment

I don't know the number....I think I heard 475 but don't hold me to it. I'm not saying they can't have more, but there are some logistics as well.

I could be wrong, but I think they upped the ticket price this season.

Comment

I'm bringing six people. Always a terrific time.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I remember the first one and at that time they were hoping for about a hundred. There were triple that number and they raised more money than they ever thought they could especially as an inaugural event. HCCL said he was blown away by the show of support. Once again the fans of WSU showed people what can happen.

Comment

Wow. That was an impressive show by the Shocker VB program and their fans. My wife thought it last a little too long, although it was a little long, I enjoyed all 3.5 hours. Have to believe tonight easily set a new fundraising record for this event.

The academy award goes to Sam Sanders for her portrayal of Flo.

Unknown talent revealed goes to Coach Rainbolt and his juggling.

Comment

No kidding.... "bolt was good. What do you think @1972Shocker:, it seemed to me that they down sized a bit with improved results? Fewer items in the silent auction, but they went for a lot of coin. I loved that Sweet 16 signed mural, but it went for at least 600. The trip to Tennessee was over 2k.

The 101 part was outstanding if you made it that far......Laser, kangaroo, koala bear!

The video was pretty good too (although a shade long) and I hope they sell it at some point.

I know people get tired of hearing me say this......I love basketball. I grew up playing it, I've coached it, it's been my love forever.

It's really, REALLY hard to beat Shocker Volleyball.

That's just an amazing group of people.

Comment

Agree, fantastic evening, perhaps a tad long. Bet they easily raised 35K after expenses.

Two things I'd do four next year, for certain. One, have the gals indicate their major field of study and the coaches brag just a bit on their collective academic performance. Two, move the video into the arena anddo it on the new video board (btw, it looks great -- though my wife was worried she'd get a stiff neck looking so high until I told her that it would be lowered for basketball).

Just wish I still lived 1/2mile from WSU so I could attend all the VB, WBB and baseball/softball events as well as men's basketball, but 2 hours each way is daunting.
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                              X