Emily Stockman Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emily Stockman Update

Emily is playing in the World University Games in Russia.

She and her teammate Lane Carico are 2-0 in pool play so far. This is HUGE for Emily.....she could be in line for a real shot at the 2016 games in Brazil with a showing like this.

You can watch her on ESPNU although I don't know the schedule yet.

Current Pool Standings

Looks like Emily and Lane play the 0-2 Brazil team tomorrow (July 9th) at 2:00 pm in the final match of pool play.

I have no idea what time zone that is but I assume any TV will be in a tape delayed basis.

Comment

ESPNU will have coverage either at noon or 1 tomorrow. It's possible it might be of the 2nd match played today...not sure.

Comment

For those of you who were wondering:

5.2.1 Only the following may participate as competitors in the Summer Universiade:

a) students who are currently officially registered as proceeding towards a
        degree or diploma at the university or similar institute, the status of which is
        recognised by the appropriate national academic authority of their country;

b) former students of the institutions mentioned in a) who have obtained their
        academic degree or diploma in the year preceding the event.

Plus they won their pool.

Comment

nm
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
          X