Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB revenue

http://volleytalk.proboards88.com/in...1731325&page=1
    This is an interesting thread about the net profit (or loss) for volleyball. I wonder how WSU VB did in 2007. Anybody have any information?
    Some posts are not visible to me.
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

I can't imagine that the VB team was in the black, even with the good attendance figures. Their trip to HI would have cost quite a bit. Travel expenses wouldn't be too terribly bad with bus travel (I think that's how they travel), but would still get expensive. Tuitition for out-of-state students isn't cheap either.

It would be interesting to see the numbers though, just to get an idea of what it costs.

Comment

Shocks total attendance in 2007 was 35,698. Probably generated somewhere in the neighborhood of $150,000 in revenue (that would be an average of $4.20 per head).

Match Club members, which I am one but which I have no idea how many total members there are, probably contributed another $20,000 - $25,000. Just a very wild guess. 100 members @ $250. I think these funds made the Hawaii trip possible.

I'm not sure how much the Coaching staffs are paid, but I suspect their salaries and benefits would eat up most of the ticket revenue generated, leaving the 12 scholarships, domestic travel, uniforms, supplies, etc. as a shortfall.

Again, I could easily be way off (either way) as I am just guessing at everything.

Comment

Working...
      X