Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Send Prayers to a Former Player and Her Family

Cori (Meyer) Broddle:

See below for details. Nobody should have to suffer through this...I know people do everyday though.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the Broddles.

Welcome to Leni Broddle's Caring Bridge site. We have started this for two reasons. First and foremost to help keep everyone updated, and secondly, it's a little therapeutic for us to type it out. Thank you for the outpouring of support. We will ...

#HealAngry

Copied from the CaringBridge website... our prayers are with Leni and the Broddles family.

"What is #HealAngry?
    Written Apr 17, 2013 4:25pm

Some people have been asking what #HealAngry means. First of all, even though I don't truly understand twitter, the #, or hash tag, is a way to group postings to be searched together.

HealAngry is a play on the Wichita State Shockers Basketball team's rally cry from the NCAA Tournament. During the Shox Final Four run, Coach Marshall relayed a message from some former WSU greats, including Antoine Carr and X-Man. It was play angry. Have passion and be a force. After the tournament was over and the team came back to a packed Koch Arena welcome home, Marshall said whatever you do, do it with anger. If you're a teacher, teach angry, if you're an accountant, count angry. In a message, a dear friend, Phyllis Guinn, told Leni to Play Angry. Well, we love the Shockers and Leni loves "Shock Ball" so it fit. Leni needs to heal and her coach would want her to heal with anger. She is battling with force. #HealAngry"
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Man, I couldn't stop reading those updates. Thoughts and prayers going out to that young lady!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Man, I couldn't stop reading those updates. Thoughts and prayers going out to that young lady!
          Same here; read every one of them and the tears flowed...

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            Same here; read every one of them and the tears flowed...
            Dang I thought mine were due to allergies.

Comment

A beautiful and brave little girl! Read all the updates. What an ordeal. May God bless and watchover Leni.

Leni, we will #PrayAngry so that hopefully you will be able to #HealAngry and bet back to a time you can #PlayAngry.

God Bless!

Comment

Bump! Please continue to keep Leni in your thoughts and prayers…

"Written Apr 19, 2013 2:31pm
                Leni,
                I want to personally let you know Shocker Nation is behind you and your family. There is no doubt in my mind that you are going to continue to battle, just like my team this season! I am so happy we could bring you joy while watching "Shock Ball." Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Leni. #HEALANGRY
                Gregg Marshall"

"Written Apr 22, 2013 9:05am
                Hey Leni it's Ron Baker here. I hope you enjoyed watching the NCAA tournament. From hearing your story, it goes to show that the shockers were not only playing for the university this spring, but for you and people like you who take on their own battles everyday. Leni I wish you the best, and the shockers are always here for you whenever you need us!
                Ronald Baker"

Comment

Working...
                X