Impressive Spring Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impressive Spring Schedule

At the net — WSU’s spring volleyball schedule is set, although times remain undecided. For a volleyball fan, it is worth some planning.

The highlight is a visit from Nebraska on the evening of April 20. WSU plays in F.A.S.T. Complex Spring College Tournament in Houston on March 23. Defending NCAA champion Texas, Houston, Rice, LSU, Baylor, Texas Tech, SMU, Tulane and Texas A&M are among the schools in the field.

On March 30, WSU, Kansas and Colorado State will meet in Colby for a day of practice and scrimmages. On April 6, the Shockers play at Texas in a noon match televised on the Longhorn Network.

Thanks Lambo for bringing in top volleyball competition.
    GO SHOX!

Very nice indeed.

Comment

Looks like a nice schedule, only one at home but that is a big one!

Comment

The match with 3-time National Champion Nebraska is at 5:00 pm on Saturday, April 20th in Charles Koch Arena.

Tickets are only $5.

WICHITA, Kan. ? The Wichita State volleyball team will be hosting three-time national champion Nebraska on Sat., April 20.

Comment

I went to the match up in Lawrence, and I have to say I might become a consistent Volleyball attendee this year. It was just great entertainment. Glad to see all the solid competition planned.
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
            I went to the match up in Lawrence, and I have to say I might become a consistent Volleyball attendee this year. It was just great entertainment. Glad to see all the solid competition planned.
            Glad to hear it @kai. It is great entertainment and a great entertainment value. Season tickets can be had for around $60.

However, it's not always as exciting as the matches in Lawrence were.

Comment

Yep, that was a special, special weekend.

Spring schedule checklist:

March 30 vs. KU in Colby, KS check
              March 30 vs. Colorado State in Colby, KS check

April 6 vs. Texas in Austin, Tx Longhorn TV Channel 272 on Cox here in Wichita check

April 18 Volleyball Banquet Wichita, KS CKA Devlin Court $18 check

April 20 vs. Nebraska in Wichita, KS CKA check

That is a nice volleyball fix over the next 35 days.

Comment

Ugh. I really want to go to the Nebraska match but I think I'm going to be playing in a volleyball tournament that day instead. Figures. Maybe we'll be out of it soon enough to make the drive in to Wichita.

Comment

The Texas game is on right now on 272 (Cox), I missed the 1st hour because I just remembered.

Comment

How did it turn out?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      How did it turn out?
                      SHOX played well, losing 3-2. They were up I think 10-8 in the last set, but fell 15-11.

Comment

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

There's a wrap from Texas Sports. Several key Longhorns didn't play, most notably Bailey Webster, their AA OH (although in fairness, at UT, pretty much everyone is an AA).

Nevertheless, the Shocks competed well in a unique environment. I don't think anyone believes we're ready to compete for a National Championship and Texas, who returns EVERYONE except Sha'Dare McNeal from a team that really dominated the NCAA tournament, is certainly a threat to repeat, and dare I say even 3 peat. They are load for bear in the foreseeable future.

Comment

Working...
                        X